Zattoo Live TV - Sports, News
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Number of channels
- No buffering issues over WiFi
- Good-looking layout
- It doesn't load over 3G
- Free app, paid service
+ By Zattoo Europa AG
Zattoo Live TV allows you to watch national and international TV channels on your Android
Zattoo Live TV is a webTV service that brings together national and international TV channels that broadcast online. Most of that channels are available in their own websites, however, Zattoo put them together in one site, enhancing its buffering thanks to its servers as well as making easier navigation and channel-surfing.
First off you need to create an account on Zattoo. Although depending on the country you can get a trial, this is a paid service (there are different subscriptions types). Zattoo is available in seven European countries: Germany, France, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Spain, UK and Denmark. From each country you will be able to watch your national channels and some international.
The app is set in a good-looking layout: landscape mode you can see thumbnails of what's on live, on portrait you can see a list of the channels (name and logo). We've run it over WiFi and it worked smoothly, no lag or buffering issues. Over 3G it didn't even load channels. Bear in mind that this is a beta version. You can try high definition videos (which is in experimental phase).
In summary, a great IPTV service which only catch is that it's paid (worth though). Great app.
- Watch TV via Wifi/WLAN and mobile Network (1)
- Watch many local and international TV Channels
- TV Guide with 2 weeks program overview
- Select your preferred streaming quality up to the maximum bitrate
- Chromecast: send your favorite TV show to your big screen TV using your phone or tablet (requires a Chromecast stick)
SPECIAL FEATURES - AVAILABLE IN SWITZERLAND
- RECORD your favorite show! (Switzerland)
Schedule the recording in advance and watch it whenever you like from your recordings-playlist. Free users can save 20 shows for up to 20 days. HiQ subscribers can record 250 programs, for unlimited time
- RECALL (for Switzerland HiQ subscribers only)
Replay the entire television program of all 140 stations the last 7 days available for viewing, PLUS, you can add your favorite programs to your recordings-playlist
CHANNEL AVAILABILITY - for free
SWITZERLAND more than 140 channels:
e.g. SF1, SF2, ZDF, RTL, Pro7, SAT1, 3 +, MTV, joiz, TF1, DMAX, TLC, M6, TSR1, Sport1, BBC, ITV, SF1, ORF, France 2
GERMANY - more than 70 channels:
e.g. Das Erste, ZDF, Sport1, DMAX, TLC, iMusic, 3sat, ARTE, ZDFneo, NDR, BR, MDR, SWR, CNN International, France24
HiQ SUBSCRIPTION - GERMANY paid premium version
- fast and ad-free channel switches
- higher resolution, more than 20 HD-Channels
- More channels: Pro7, Sat1, kabel eins, Sat1 GOLD, Sixx, Pro7 MAXX, RTL, RTL II, VOX, n-tv, RTL nitro, Super RTL
HiQ SUBSCRIPTION - SWITZERLAND paid premium version
- fast and ad-free channel switches
- higher resolution, incl. 40 HD-Channels
- RECALL: Replay the entire television program of all 140 stations the last 7 days available for viewing
- HiQ subscribers can record 250 programs, for unlimited time
Subscribe in the app for 1, month. For 3 and 12 months use your PC/Mac and go to zattoo.com/shop
Of course you can watch Zattoo HiQ on all your devices.
For licensing reasons, the channels available depend on your country of residence. Extra for Germany: DMAX, TLC and RTL-Channels are not available via the mobile phone network.
In addition to the mobile reception, you can also use your subscription to access zattoo.com (browser version).
Mobile TV use about 360 megabytes of data per hour. Check your volume of data limit, you may also incur additional costs.
- Discover programs by category (Sports, Action, Comedy and many more)
- Go big screen with the new Chromecast feature (requires a Chromecast stick).
- You can now also use your Google account to sign up and to log in
- General bugfixes
Don’t miss a thing: Football World Championship starts 12/06!
For questions/feedback: email@example.com
Please give full details (device info, Android version, mobile phone provider) so we can follow up.
When the connection gets bad and video stops loading you have to watch an ad for 60 secs again after reloading. Really crappy during world cup finale.
This app is crap. Don't install it.
Hangs up instantly
Excellent TV APP, continuously improving and relatively stable.
Works very well on LGG2 super *
Too much buffering issues works from time to time hard to follow a program without inyerruptions eventually full black out. Advertisements work superbly on the contrary.