AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing Pocket Handbook
Essential Data Critical Care Nurses Must Know
Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, this go-anywhere handbook features tables and figures that encapsulate all the information required to give safe and effective care to critically ill patients.
• Critical Care Drug Tables
• Normal Values for Laboratory Tests and Physiologic Parameters
• Lists of Assessment Components
• Cardiac Rhythms: ECG Characteristics and Treatment Guides, Including Sample Rhythm Strips
• 12-Lead ECG Changes in Acute Myocardial Ischemia and Infarct
• Troubleshooting Guide for Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
• Indications for Mechanical Ventilation
• Weaning Assessment Tool
• ACLS Algorithms.
Marianne Chulay, RN, DNSc, FAAN, is a critical care nursing/clinical research consultant in
Chapel Hill, NC.
Suzanne Burns, RN, MSN, RRT, ACNP, CCRN, FAAN, FCCM, is a Professor of Nursing, an Advanced Practice Nurse 2 in the MICU, and the Director of the Professional Nursing Staff Organization's Clinical Research Program at the University of Virginia Health Systems in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Tags: critical care nursing , critical care , critical care hemodynamic tables , aacn , aacn essentials of critical care nursing , aacn critical care text , aacn pocket reference card , bbbhj , aacn cardiac pocket card