Bilingual Aphasia Test
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By iLanguage Lab
Members of the Bilingual Aphasia Test Community, who have an Android Touch Tablet or Android Smart Phone and who have used the BAT before.
What is this app:
AndroidBAT is a virtual paper stimulus book. It is a free OpenSource application which is simply a ‘virtual paper’ version of the original BAT Stimuli PDFs with 'eyes,' 'ears' and 'skin.'
To run the test you need original eBAT Test PDFs, and a person who speaks the language you are testing:
Why would you want to use the AndroidBAT instead of a PDF? The AndroidBAT has the added benefit of allowing for a diversity of data collection integrated directly into the test. AndroidBAT allows recording of eye-gaze and audio during a patient's interview, without visible external camera or microphone, while providing more analyzable data (e.g., eye-gaze, audio, touch, etc.) than the PDF format. Data can then be easily synced or shared with colleagues using Dropbox for instance.
AndroidBAT works on both tablets and phones. It has been tested on:
* Motorola XOOM 10inch Tablet
* Nexus 7 7inch Tablet
* HTC Desire 4inch Phone
* Nexus S 4inch Phone
Instructions on how to administer the BAT:
User Guide for how to use the AndroidBAT buttons:
To report bugs or vote on new features:
The BAT was created by the Bilingual Aphasia Community of Researchers (see http://www.mcgill.ca/linguistics/research/bat).
The BAT was Androidified by:
* Gina Cook - iLanguage Lab, Montréal Canada
* Alexandra Marquis - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
* Émie Dessureault - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
* Kim Dan Nguyen - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
Instructions & Source Code to create your own Android Aphasia apps:
Tags: aphasia scripts ™, communication book for aphasia, test de laphasie bat, aphasia applications in spanish, who created the bilingual aphasia test, bilingual aphsia, aphasia scripts spanish, tablette electronique pour aphasique, bilingual aphasia, aphasia apps.
* Greek, Kannada
Lots of bug fixes to support video recording on more devices.
Added direct link to view the Test PDFs for the chosen language.
* English, French, Inuktitut, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, Greek, Kannada
* Eye-gaze (if Android device has a front facing camera, otherwise audio)
* Touch data in json format
* Patient details in csv format
* Handwriting in .jpg format
Other languages can be added, just let us know which ones you would like!