Bilingual Aphasia Test
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By iLanguage Lab
Members of the Bilingual Aphasia Test Community, who have an Android Touch Tablet or Android Smart Phone and who have used the BAT before.
What is this app:
AndroidBAT is a virtual paper stimulus book. It is a free OpenSource application which is simply a ‘virtual paper’ version of the original BAT Stimuli PDFs with 'eyes,' 'ears' and 'skin.'
To run the test you need original eBAT Test PDFs, and a person who speaks the language you are testing:
Why would you want to use the AndroidBAT instead of a PDF? The AndroidBAT has the added benefit of allowing for a diversity of data collection integrated directly into the test. AndroidBAT allows recording of eye-gaze and audio during a patient's interview, without visible external camera or microphone, while providing more analyzable data (e.g., eye-gaze, audio, touch, etc.) than the PDF format. Data can then be easily synced or shared with colleagues using Dropbox for instance.
AndroidBAT works on both tablets and phones. It has been tested on:
* Motorola XOOM 10inch Tablet
* Nexus 7 7inch Tablet
* HTC Desire 4inch Phone
* Nexus S 4inch Phone
Instructions on how to administer the BAT:
User Guide for how to use the AndroidBAT buttons:
To report bugs or vote on new features:
The BAT was created by the Bilingual Aphasia Community of Researchers (see http://www.mcgill.ca/linguistics/research/bat).
The BAT was Androidified by:
* Gina Cook - iLanguage Lab, Montréal Canada
* Alexandra Marquis - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
* Émie Dessureault - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
* Kim Dan Nguyen - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
Instructions & Source Code to create your own Android Aphasia apps:
Tags: aphasia scripts ™, communication book for aphasia, test de laphasie bat, aphasia applications in spanish, bilingual aphasia test deutsch, bilingual aphasia test, tablette electronique pour aphasique, aphasia dating, aphasia apps, aphasiascripts in spanish.
* Greek, Kannada
Lots of bug fixes to support video recording on more devices.
Added direct link to view the Test PDFs for the chosen language.
* English, French, Inuktitut, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, Greek, Kannada
* Eye-gaze (if Android device has a front facing camera, otherwise audio)
* Touch data in json format
* Patient details in csv format
* Handwriting in .jpg format
Other languages can be added, just let us know which ones you would like!