The British National Formulary 64 (October 2012)is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries.
Important: This application is downloaded on your device and it securely enables instant and uninterrupted access wherever you are as it does not rely on a network connection while in use. The application is a single edition only; to stay updated it is recommended to purchase the forthcoming editions as they are revised twice yearly. Next edition (BNF65) is expected to be released in April 2013.
The British National Formulary (BNF) provides up-to-date, practical guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. This essential reference reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.
The BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.
• Guidance on the drug management of common conditions
• Details of medicines prescribed within the UK with special reference to their uses, cautions, contra-indications, side-effects, doses and relative costs
• Guidance on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and administering medicines
It enables healthcare professionals to maximise the benefits of drug treatment and minimise the risks, while encouraging good compliance with treatment.
BNF 64 (October 2012) has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Some significant updates include:
• Updated guidance on the treatment of paracetamol poisoning
• New advice on the risk of fractures with proton pump inhibitors
• New advice on brand prescribing of adrenaline auto-injector devices for anaphylaxis
• Updated guidance on the treatment of HIV infection
Updated every six months, the BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources. The information is validated by a network of clinical experts and is published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee. The BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the use of medicines.
Authors: British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, RPS, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Tags: bnf 64 apk , british national formulary 64 apk , bnf 65 apk , bnf 64 , bnf 65 , 64 bnf