The leading clinical resource for handling prescribing problems as encountered in daily practice and for formulating prescribing policy. This latest update is based on the 11th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, is an essential reference for anyone responsible for prescribing, dispensing or administering drugs for patients with mental health disorders.
// Key Features
• The evidence base for drug treatments in psychiatry ranges from meta-analyses and randomized controlled clinical trials to single case reports, and from NICE guidelines to individual SPCs
• All the evidences have been reviewed and summarized succinctly by an expert team of psychiatrists and pharmacists
• Includes new sections on cytochrome-mediated interactions and psychiatric side effects of non-psychotropic drugs
• Topics address plasma monitoring, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety, children and adolescents, substance abuse and special patient groups
• Covers prescribing drugs outside their licensed indications and their interaction with substances such as alcohol, nicotine and caffeine
• Important information for Trainees regarding the rational, safe and effective use of medications for patients with mental illness
• Scientifically sound and clinically effective
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.