Antimicrobial resistance has reached alarming levels. IMPACT Guidelines recognises the dangers from antimicrobial resistance, the tremendous adverse effect it has on quality medical care and the need for a strong, co-ordinated and multifaceted response.
The IMPACT Guidelines combines the latest scientific evidence on usage of antimicrobial agents, empirical therapy of common infections, treatment of infections with known pathogen and surgical prophylaxis with data on the prevalence and sensitivity patterns of different pathogens in Hong Kong. It also contain practical tips on the safe use of antibiotics in out-patient settings, management of penicillin allergy and application of diagnostic tests on clinical microbiology.
- add a new table in Private Hospitals, Antibiograms
- add New Territories West Cluster in Antibiograms
- update the footnote of Table KWC-4, Kowloon West Cluster, Antibiograms
- add two tables in Kowloon West Cluster, Antibiograms
- add a new record in Private Hospitals under Antibiograms