This is #1 IV drug resource for nearly 40 years that provides all the information to safely administer 350+ intravenous drugs. This latest update is based on the 29th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals offers alphabetical organization, a detailed appendix of generic and trade names, pharmacologic actions, hundreds of new drug facts, and entries for new 7 IV drugs recently approved by the FDA: belatacept, brentuximab, centruroides (scorpion) immune F(Ab")(2) (Equine), factor XIII concentrate (Human), glucarpidase, peginesatide, taliglucerase alfa..There's no other resource more trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage.
Consistent, easy-to-use format provides all the essential clinical information on IV drug administration
- Alphabetical listing of IV drugs is organized by generic name for quick clinical reference
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage information in a convenient chart form within monographs where appropriate, helps you quickly locate essential information
- Special sections highlight dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients
- Identifying icons (such as Black Box Warnings) and design features also make it easy to locate key information
- 11 Built-in Medical Calculators which assist in making clinical decisions