Putting essential information at your fingertips, this handy resource describes 200 commonly encountered medical-surgical disorders and procedures. Numerous illustrations and summary tables are used to clarify key information. It focuses on the information you need to know, emphasizing the procedures and treatments in which the nurse plays a major role.
Disorders section contains commonly encountered medical-surgical diseases and disorders arranged alphabetically and organized in an easy-to-use format.
- For each profile, Disorders includes the information about Description, Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestations, Complications, Diagnostic Studies, Collaborative Care (including drug therapy) and Nursing Management
- Patient and family teaching content has been expanded.
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and families need to know about the care of various conditions.
- A mobile format makes this resouce easy to carry in the clinical setting.
- Contains brief explanations of common medical-surgical treatments and procedures (e.g., pacemakers, oxygen therapy) in which the role of the nurse is emphasized.
- Treatments and Procedures includes information you need to know about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as CPR, tube feeding, and artificial airway management.
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases.
- Also contains a list of commonly-used abbreviations and key phrases translated into Spanish.