Provides instant access to essential information on more than 1,300 generic and 4,500 brand-name drugs, thousands of new drug facts, and information on 25 new drugs recently approved by the FDA. This latest update is based on the 2012 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Mosby’s 2012 Nursing Drug Reference offers the most comprehensive drug information available, including uses, side effects, and interactions. Key nursing considerations are identified to help you assess, administer, evaluate, and teach your patients. Instructions for administering drugs through various routes (e.g., PO, IM, IV) are also included along with dosage calculators. Organized alphabetically, each drug is easy to find.
- Organizes monographs alphabetically by generic drug name to allow for fast retrieval of needed information.
- Includes comprehensive drug monographs containing generic names, Rx or OTC designations, pronunciation, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose
- Provides concise, practice-oriented nursing considerations: assess, administer, perform/provide, evaluate, and teach patient/family
- Highlights IV drug information in one easy-to-find place, under the Administer heading, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities
- Identifies high alert drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm if administered incorrectly
- Features a nursing alert icon identifying considerations that require special attention
- Highlights common and life-threatening side effects for easy identification
- Features over 400 potential interactions between drugs and herbal products
- Includes lifespan and disorder-related dosages for newborns, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric, hepatic, and renal patients
- Provides special Do Not Confuse headings so you can avoid administering the wrong drug
- Includes Tall Man lettering as recommended by the FDA to distinguish easily confused drug names
- Features 16 full-color illustrations that show mechanisms or sites of action for select drug classes such as antidepressants, antiinfectives and antiretroviral agents
- Features boldface route subheadings -- such as PO, IV, and IM -- under the Dosage and Routes and Administer headings to help in finding information quickly
- Includes several detailed multi-product monographs that group all chemically similar forms of insulins, cephalosporins (1st-, 2nd-, 3rd-generation), contraceptives, and penicillins together into single monographs, with cross-references to the individual forms of these drugs
- Includes a Drug Categories section with nursing considerations and a list of common generic drugs for each category
- Offers a Combination Products appendix covering the forms and uses of more than 500 products
- Provides Black Box Warnings with alerts to dangerous and/or life-threatening adverse effects
- Designates Canadian brand names with a maple leaf
- Offers a flexible, water-resistant cover for durability in the clinical setting
- Features key Canadian drug content, including a listing of high-alert Canadian medications, a Canadian controlled substance chart, an immunization schedule, and a maple leaf to designate Canadian brand names
- Includes a separate section of drug category information with nursing considerations and a list of common generic drugs for each category
Tags: mosbys nursing drug cards , mosbys nursing drug reference.apk , mosby drug cards canada , mosbys nursing drug reference apk , drug rapidshare , mosbys nursing drug reference 2012 apk , medicine teaching cards generic name brand name route dosage side effects , daviss drug guide for nurses skyscape free apk , nursing drug guide apk mediafire