• Do you know that only female mosquitoes bite us? Do you also know that mosquitoes stay away from certain sonic frequencies?
• The application emit a very unique high frequency sound (ultra sound) that most mosquitos find distasteful and prevents you from getting bitten by mosquitoes.
• The pitch of the sound is so high that most humans will not notice anything.
- it uses Very low battery.
- you can move this appication to SD Card and save your valuable phone memory.
• High Resolution Graphic:
The graphic is optimized for all the Android devices. It looks real and engaging, both to see and to keep as utility on your phone.
• Green and Non-toxic!
Keep mosquitoes away naturally, avoiding to breathe toxic gas and without environment pollution.
• Turn up the volume to the highest level for a more effective sound.
• Use the Frequency controls to find the optimal repelling frequency for your region.
Q: How ultra sound repels Mosquitoes ?
The theory is that only Female mosquitoes are able to bite us and once a female mosquito has her eggs fertilised she will actively avoid any further contact with the male. In order to to do this, she can recognise the sound of the vibrations from the wing beat of the male which it is claimed is sufficiently different from a females to enable this to happen – thus, upon recognising such wingbeats the female is ‘repelled’ away so as to avoid any further and now unwanted attentions of the male.
Q.: Why i'm hearing an hiss? / Why I don't hear nothing?
A.: The app plays an high frequency sound. Some people under 30 years old can hear the sound, while over a certain age (variable from person to person) the ear lose the ability to hear high frequency sounds.
Q.: Mosquitoes don't have ears, how do they hear sounds??
A.: Insects don't have ears, but on feelers, that are the mosquitoes aural organs, there are about 15.000 sensorial receptors, structured so to create an "active ear" in which natural vibrations are generated so to amplify the incoming sounds. [Source: Le Scienze on-line]
Q.: Are you telling me that the phone loudspeaker can play ultrasounds?
A.: Actually the frequency used in Anti Mosquito is slightly under the ultrasounds threshold frequency. But it's very close to the limit that can be heard by the human ear (20 kHz), so for the sake of simplicity we called it "ultrasound", because a lot of people can't hear it.
Q:why this app need 3 permissions ?
1.permissions "WAKE_LOCK" :
WAKE LOCK permission needed to prevent screen from locking and it will not allow screen to sleep, If screen locked , application will stop.
2.permissions "WRITE_SETTINGS" :
WRITE SETTINGS permission is needed to adjust the brightness of the screen inorder to SAVE BATTERY of device.
3.permissions INTERNET & ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE :
To display AdMob ads this permissions are needed.