50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The NICE BNF app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines.
To use the NICE BNF app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Social care staff who meet the NHS Athens eligibility criteria can also download and access the content.
• Browse and search offline up-to-date content from the British National Formulary (BNF)
• Optimised for Android phones and tablets
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features
Tags: bnf, bnf 63, nice bnf, nhs bnf, bnf in samsung apps, bnf for samsung, bnf 62, nice bnf install, bnf app wales, bnf in samsung galaxy.
- Fixed issues with Bookmarks being deleted on updates
- Content updates inside the application
What's New in Version 3.0
- Athens authentication is now every 12 months
- Search on British Approved Names
- "What's New" homepage link
- New Branding
- Dynamic Landing Page to fill the screen
- Locking orientation in menus