10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The NICE BNFC app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines for children.
To use the NICE BNFC app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Eligible users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Eligible users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Eligible users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Social care staff who meet the NHS Athens eligibility criteria can also download and access the content.
• Browse and search offline the complete up-to-date content from the British National Formulary for Children (BNFC)
• Optimised for Android phones and tablets
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features
Tags: nice bnfc, bnfc unable to authenticate, bnfc, nice bnf, bnf app unable to log in, unable to authenticate bnf, nice bnf unable to authenticate, bnf for children free offline national, free british national formulary, bnf 64 offline.
- Fixed issues with Bookmarks being deleted on updates
- Content updates inside the application
What's New in Version 3.0
- Athens authentication is now every 12 months
- Search on British Approved Names
- "What's New" homepage link
- New Branding
- Dynamic Landing Page to fill the screen
- Locking orientation in menus