Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: A Guide to Planning Care is a bestselling resource that enables nurses to make accurate diagnoses and write care plans with ease and confidence. This latest update is based on the 9th edition and 2011 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
It helps nurses correlate diagnoses with known information about clients on the basis of assessment findings, established medical or psychiatric diagnoses and the current treatment plan. Its step-by-step format guides you through a process that helps you formulate a nursing diagnosis based on known information and assessment findings, identify the appropriate diagnosis and create a care plan that includes desired outcomes, interventions, and evidence-based rationales. Nursing Diagnosis Handbook is an essential care-planning resource you will turn to again and again throughout your nursing education and career.
- Features 2007-2008 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, including approximately 21 new and 8 revised diagnoses
- Expands information explaining the difference between actual and potential problems in performing an assessment
- Adds detailed information on the multidisciplinary and collaborative aspect of nursing and how it affects care planning
- Provides a more detailed explanation of NIC and NOC taxonomies and their use in care planning
- Includes the latest evidence-based nursing rationales
- Provides a convenient A-to-Z organization in Section II that helps you quickly locate key information
- Patient/Family Teaching sections offer expanded wellness and health promotion information
- Evidence-based practice information is incorporated throughout
- Includes complete coverage of pediatric, geriatric, and multicultural considerations, as well as home care and client/family teaching guidelines for each condition
- Explanations of assessment versus action interventions help guide you to the correct choice of intervention
Tags: nursing diagnosis , nursing assessment , nursing process , nursing diagnosis handbook , nursing diagnosis apps , nanda , nursing
from 3 reviews