Nursing Drug Handbook
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Lippincott Williams Wilkins
Your free download of the Nursing Drug Handbook app will give you free access to 25 full drug entries. Once you've downloaded the free App, you will be able to access thousands of additional drug entries via an In-App purchase, giving you all of the vital information you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Complete information for more than 900 generic drugs and 3,000 trade name drugs
• Easy-to-use tools to create a customized database, including Notes & Favorites
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you’re always up-to-date
When you download nursing’s most trusted drug reference you’ll be fully prepared to expertly administer 31 NEW drugs approved by the FDA in the last year alone. And you’ll be aware of 3,209 changes to drug information that have occurred recently, including...
• 1,146 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 1,136 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 715 NEW facts on indications and dosages
Find answers fast to better safeguard against med errors.
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2014 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook App is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any healthcare setting.
Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and will ensure that you’re fully informed of the newest approved drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings. In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug entries, each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol link (for drugs included in the Photoguide)
• Therapeutic and pharmacologic class
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Recent updates (weekly FDA-issued updates ensure you always stay current)
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions (overdose signs and symptoms listed)
• Nursing considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety and comfort)
• Patient teaching (guidelines on safe drug use, storage, and compliance)
Nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning/implementation, evaluation)
Your App also includes a Photoguide with images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs and a free Dosage calculator
Note: Users running multiple accounts on a single Tablet must install and access the Nursing Drug Handbook app from the Owner account. The app will not install properly on any device sub-account
Tags: nurses drug handbook full, davis drug book on samsung galaxy note, drug monograph.
Fully updated with drug information from the Nursing2014 Drug Handbook
Now compatible with all Samsung Galaxy and Motorola DROID RAZR mobile devices!
Additional drug entries available via In-App purchase