* Creatinine Clearance
* Weight Calculator
* Aminoglycoside Calculator
* Phenytoin Calculations
- Includes calculations for Cockgroft-Gault, Jelliffe 1973 and the Salazar/Corcoran methods
- Calculates ideal body weight for use in the Cockgroft-Gault equation
- Includes international units
- Calculates IBW (ideal body weight), LBW (lean body weight), ABW (adjusted body weight), BSA (body surface area) and BMI (body mass index) - perfect for drug dosing for patients
- Calculates the first dose based on creatinine clearance using either Pharmacokinetic methods, using the Australian Therapeutic Guidelines recommendations, or using the Royal Perth Hospital recommendations.
- Calculates subsequent doses based on two drug levels and using either the area-under-the-curve method, or the peak-trough method
- Includes two area-under-the-curve methods - The virtual-peak method assumes a virtual peak at time 0 while the infusion modified method calculates the area-under-the-curve for the infusion time (less aug than virtual peak)
- Dose adjustments for albumin levels
- Valproate dose adjustments
- Time to reach steady state
- Time for the concentration to fall to a desired level
- Maintenance dose calculator
- Loading dose calculator
This is the first version of the calculator, with additions expected soon which will include more pharmacokinetic equations and dose adjustments.
Tags: pharmacy calculator, pharmacist calculator, auc calculator, creatinine clearance calculator, pharmacy calculations calculator, pharmacy weight calculation calculator, medcalc abw, auc calculator for phenytoin, your local pharmacy caluclator, dilantin abw.
Added help documents
Fixed some of the data entry screens not allowing decimal values
Changed the appearance of the aminoglycoside AUC screens
Fixed an error with under dosing of amikacin in one of the AUC calculations
Added imperial units for the weight calculator (ABW, IBW and LBW display in kg and lbs)