1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- Works well
- Ease of use
- Other similar apps with more features
Remind yourself of taking the pill
PillReminder is an application set to help you remember to take your contraception method (pill, patch, ring) at an exact time every day. The app also stops on the pause period and starts again in the next period.
First of all, you'll need to select your contraception type and the number of pills you usually take. After configuring that, you can choose to enable the alarm and the time you want it to sound. The design is good and colorful, very girly; as for the preferences, you can easily change the information by accessing to the main settings.
A helpful tool for women who take contraception methods. bropatapps is the developer of PillReminder Lite and the full version with extra features and the possibility of creating themes.
Now you can plan in advance the following:
- Skipping contraception pause
- Delaying contraception notification
- Changing contraceptive
- Starting new contraception cycle
All these things will be displayed in the calendar.
- Configurable daily reminder time with timezone support and on/off switch
- Different pill/patch/ring type templates
- NuvaRing and Ortho Evra support
- Custom pill/patch/ring type support
- Manage contraception packs (includes reminder to buy some)
- Snooze reminders
- Change contraception type preserving the history
- Custom notification message
- Configurable automatic snooze interval
- Log: shows you when and what contraception you have taken
- Google Backup Service
- Possibility to take the contraception sooner (within the actual day)
- Possibility to snooze the contraception in advance (displays in the calendar view- within the actual day or future days)
- Calendar displays if you have taken, forgotten or delayed the contraception
- Take notes in the calendar and add a reminder time
- Plan ahead to skip a contraception pause from the calendar view
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Create your own themes (integrated custom theme creation)
- 3 Widgets
- Includes a Dashclock extension (http://bit.ly/15Rp5mT)
- Android Lollipop Support (including head-up notification)
- Backup & restore settings
- Password protection
- VIBRATE => for notification
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED => to schedule notifications
- WAKE_LOCK => for notification
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS => for notification
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD => disable lockscreen during notification (configurable)
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE => backup & restore settings
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE => backup & restore settings
Found issues to be fixed soon:
If someone has problems with the timezone contact me via mail for better support/troubleshooting.
Attention for devices with root rights (ex. Cyanogenmod and other): This app must be installed in the internal memory of the device, to be able to function correctly.
Advice: In the mutual interest I would be very grateful if you contact me, before you give me a negative feedback, so that i have the opportunity to correct the problem. I am at your disposal. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please send any question, request or bug report to email@example.com
(birth control pill, contraceptive pill, anti pregnancy pill, pilule)
- Adopted Lollipop design
- Added: contraception packs management feature incl. buy reminder
- Added: reminder feature to notes
- Added: notification repeat and led color settings for every type of notification (contraception, contraception buy, note reminder)
- Added: Lollipop head-up notification support
- Many bugfixes
- Dropped support for Android pre 4.0 (<)
Been using this app for last few years but recently started to notify me on days that I dont have to take the ring out very annoying i have to reboot the phone just to get it to reset.. the calendar marks are correct but the alarm goes off almost daily n I have the ring so pls fix.
love this app! Best one I've seen that works well for Nuvaring and other non-daily forms of birth control. temporary time delay is like a snooze button, great for if you're on the go at reminder time.
After the update it just stopped alerting me... Worked fine until now - UPDATE alert works well again :)
Don't like the new setup at all. App updated and now cannot easily change my start date by clicking on calendar days. Uninstalling
Until a month ago i would have gave this 5stars but the alarm randomly stopped working and never goes off. It still notifys you just no alarm. Off to find a different app.
Like how its always on time
Paid for it and it doesn't even remind me! Don't use it!