Get the facts on Prostate Cancer with this 100%-accurate animated video. This app explores the anatomy of the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is most often referred to as adenocarcinoma or glandular carcinoma. It arises in the peripheral zone from semen-secreting cells of the prostate gland, a part of the male reproductive system. Understand symptoms, causes, risk factors, staging and prognosis, diagnostic methods and evaluation of prostate cancer and treatment options and recent advances. Animations are edited and certified 100%-accurate by leading physicians and medical experts.
Explore causes, symptoms, diagnoses, treatments/therapies (including lifestyle change and self care):
• Visual demonstration of complex medical conditions
• Tour cellular world
• Experience a simple break down of complex medical themes
• Audio/visual presentation
• Accuracy confirmed by medical experts
Edited and Certified by:
Gerald L. Andriole, Jr., MD, Professor and Chief of Urologic Surgery at the Washington University School of Medicine, Barne-Jewish Hospital and Siteman Cancer Center. Dr. Andriole specializes in urologic oncology, prostate cancer and urologic surgery. His areas of clinical interest include Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), prostatectomy, Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA) and prostate biopsy.
Transcripts, resource links, highlights & note-taking features
• Medically accurate animated videos
• Download once - view any time (w/out Internet connection)
• Screenshot capabilities
• Written transcripts w/medical terms linked to additional resources
• Notes section for every major subject covered in videos
33 minutes 59 seconds
This content is intended to be informative only and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.