SpotMolePlus provides a simple way to have a quick check of your skin spots and moles. Take a snapshot of a mole or load a photo of a mole from the phone's gallery
and let SpotMole do the rest! SpotMolePlus may detect signs of melanoma using image processing and pattern recognition techniques. SpotMolePlus does a scan of relevant dermatological features using machine learning and outputs an overall assessment.
- This is the world's first smartphone app to perform an automatic mole analysis using the device's camera/gallery and embedded algorithms. Released on 17/02/2011 and available as a web application since 2009, SpotMole is the first mobile app ever to implement the concept of automatic analysis of moles to track signs of melanoma.
- Finalist app at the AppCircus - MEDICA, the world‘s largest medical instrumentation trade fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, 16.11.2012.
- Featured app on The One Show, from the BBC-1, UK, 05.09.2011.
- Featured app on the Fox4 News , USA, 14.07.2014.
- Finalist app at the AppCircus - Mobile 2.0 Europe, event that took place on 16.06.2011, in Barcelona, Spain.
- One of the most popular dermatology apps according to Journal of the American Medical Association - Dermatology /Reuters Health
- "Ready to Try The Worlds First Mole Analysis App? Just A Snapshoot & Rest Is Automatic" -AppEggs.com
- "Spotmole – Aplicación para comprobar las manchas de la piel y los lunares" - cancerpiel.es
Using SpotMolePlus you first have to take a close-up and well centered snapshot of a skin spot or mole and next run an analysis. SpotMolePlus automatic assessment software uses standard visual analysis proceedures to check spots on the skin. The features extracted are common in dermatology and widely employed in visual inspection of the skin spots. These are Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter and Evolution of the mole (ABCDE).
The output of SpotMolePlus may be negatively influenced by images with poor contrast/brightness, color artifacts, nonuniform illumination, poor resolution, skin hairs covering the mole, etc.
SpotMolePlus is by no means a substitute for clinical diagnostics performed by trained dermatologists. SpotMole is not a medical device and should not be considered as such. Regardless of the output of the program you are urged to seek medical advice if you have doubts with a particular skin spot - mole. SpotMolePlus assessment is for educational purpose only. Use SpotMolePlus at your own risk.
- SpotMolePlus is an ads-free version of SpotMole.
- SpotMolePlus now comes in Spanish ! (default is English).
- SpotMolePlus comes with an additional skin cancer risk assessment tool! This is the first time a mobile app includes assessment of moles through the "Ugly Duckling" sign.
- Detailed evolution of a mole includes a graph that shows how
the features A, B, C, D vary in time.
- Now you can track the evolution of various moles in time !
- You may also preview the snapshots of a mole, the respective record dates and assessment results.
- You may set notifications to check your mole at a later time.
- More information on how SpotMolePlus works, tips on how to obtain a good approximation of the mole's border.
- SpotMolePlus will recieve more frequent updates than the free version SpotMole. However, updates concerning the main assessment engine will be kept identical both in SpotMolePlus as well as in SpotMole.
Tags: google play spotmoleplus , spotmoleplus , spotmole , reconocimiento de patrones con utilizando imagenes , reconocimiento de patrones camara