100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Good-looking layout
- User-friendly interface
- Palette and brushes
- Needs more brushes and effects
Markers is a simple and multitouch drawing app for Android
Since Galaxy Note was released, there's a drawing fever on Android: its S pen showed the World that's possible to create master pieces on your mobile device. However, we don't need either a Galaxy Note nor a S Pen to draw in our smartphones or tablets. There are apps that make it real. Markers is one of those apps.
Markers provides you a color palette and different brushes to draw and paint with your fingertips. It's multitouch which means that you can draw using two, three, four (and so on) fingers, up to the limits of your device. What's more, it provided a good-looking and easy-to-use layout: you can paint, draw, switch brushes, undo and clear the screen with a few taps. You can even load pictures and draw over them. Touch the market to hide/show drawing options.
Once your master-piece is done, you can share it by using any of the sharing resources installed in your device. Simplicity and native mobile interface to show off your talent. What else? Highly recommendable.
- Pressure sensitivity that works with most Android devices: As more of your finger or capacitive stylus touches the glass, Markers will draw a thicker line. NOTE: It may take a minute or two of continuous drawing for Markers to adjust to your device’s touch panel, so be patient! (If your device has an active stylus, like the Galaxy Note or HTC Flyer, the true stylus pressure will be used instead.)
- Multitouch painting: Two fingers make two lines, three make three, and so on, up to the limits of your device (typically 5 simultaneous touches for phones and 10 for tablets).
- Kid-friendly interface: Every pen size and color is on-screen; multitouch drawing means accidental touches (such as kid hands on the edges of the display) won't prevent any little fingers from painting.
- Plays well with others: Share your drawings to other apps, and share images into Markers to draw on top of them.
Questions? Bugs? Ideas? Click “Email Developer” below.
Got a great drawing to share with the world? Share it with +Markers on Google+: http://dsandler.org/markers/+
Markers is open source software; the code is available here: http://dsandler.org/markers
Thanks for all your kind words and support! ♥
- Why is my drawing all black when I save it to Gallery? — The drawing is actually on a transparent background, so you're seeing Gallery's black background through it. When you load it back into Markers or send it to another app, you'll see that the drawing is intact. If you'd prefer an opaque background, longpress on a color swatch in the palette to set the paper color.
- What's up with the pressure sensitivity on my device? — See http://code.google.com/p/markers-for-android/wiki/DeviceSupport for known issues about individual devices.
PAN AND ZOOM — By far the #1 most requested Markers feature! Tap the hand tool to switch into zoom mode; use one finger to scroll and two to zoom.
ADJUSTABLE BRUSH SIZE — Longpress a brush and drag to adjust the minimum and maximum widths.
KITKAT IMMERSIVE MODE — When you tap the Markers icon to hide the palettes, the status and navigation bars hide along with it, and you can use the entire screen to draw. Tap the icon to show everything again.
- Geferson S. Downloaded Oct 8, 2013
- Ramesh M. Downloaded Aug 31, 2013
- B3t4w1 Downloaded Jul 14, 2013
- marius0075432 Downloaded Jul 12, 2013
- Skrillex M. Downloaded Jul 12, 2013
- Vinoth A. Downloaded Jul 1, 2013
- Ahmed A. Downloaded Jun 1, 2013
- nathandiasc Downloaded May 25, 2013
- sodos Downloaded May 24, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Had some questions about the app, so i emailed the developer who helped me edit the source. This kind of interaction is totally awesone.
Awesome app, very accurate and love the immersive mode.
A triumph of open source technology.
SIMPLE AND USEFUL
This and Photoshop are like bestfriends
Works as documented with no problems -kind of fun to play with
Could be handy. Thx dude