5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Save video after broadcasting
- Sharing options
- Video quality could be improved
- Delay (just a seconds)
Ustream allows you to watch steraming channels and broadcast your own live videos
TV channels aren't a privilege of a few no more: Ustream is a web service that allows you to watch and create channels to broadcast video content. Although since the beginning it was a great business project, since the spreading of smartphones all around the World, it has taken a new direction: its Android app allows you to watch and (even more important) broadcast live videos from your smartphone over 3G/4G and WiFi.
First off, you have to sign up of Ustream.com. You can do it from the website or from the app. After that, you can use the search bar to find specific channels, search them by categories, featured or among your favorites. You can also find upcoming, recent or lives events. What's more, you will be able to start boradcasting from "Go Live" button. The app is quite simple since just contains four tabs and some basic settings.
Another extra features allows you to chat with your channel's viewers or poll them with yes/no questions. You can also save the video you've broadcast in your Ustream profile. We've noticed some catches though: you cannot "Share" the URL of your channel through any of the sharing resources of your Android. Anyway, your Ustream channel's URL is always the same (www.ustream.tv/channel/username). What's more, video quality could be improved as well as the 3-4 seconds delay that we've noticed even over WiFi.
Besides these catches, the app is a big leap regarding video streaming and on-the-go broadcasting. It just wide open the potential of video creators. We just recommend you to this give a go
• Watch live and recent videos, discover upcoming events
• Broadcast live to any number of viewers using the camera of your device
• Interact with your audience by issuing a poll or chatting
• Access your followed Ustream channels and events that you’re attending
• Enjoy your Ustream Premium Membership ad-free experience on your device
• Go live right from your Home Screen using the new Quick Broadcast widget
Do you have questions or ideas? Tell us at: http://community.ustream.tv/ustream
The latest version fixes a mono audio issue on some channels, and includes various other fixes.
- Mohamed A. Downloaded Dec 4, 2013
- Edmund L. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Francisco V. Downloaded Sep 29, 2013
- Aditya T. Downloaded Jul 14, 2013
- Biangsa A. Downloaded Jul 14, 2013
- Desmond G. Downloaded Jun 28, 2013
- Haytham P. Downloaded Jun 13, 2013
- Francisco M. Downloaded Jun 12, 2013
- Alis V. Downloaded Jun 11, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
My fave singer is doing a ustream tonight i dont want tp miss it
And very useful app
It would be better if the radio can be played on the background and not opened all the time.
Best app for the concept
Nothing would play!
Ustream up. Everything up. Luv this app