No other software needs to be installed on your computer.
VLC Black Remote functions:
- Pause using the volume buttons in the Lock Screen with the screen turned off (not just turned black)
- Control playback (play, pause, stop, previous, next)
- Tracks and synchronization
- Save multiple servers
- Scan network for VLC Servers
- Pause automatically when your phone rings
- Option to keep the screen on
- Option to disable the lock screen when screen goes off
- Password for HTTP interface
Volume buttons are the only ones that can be used in the lock screen with the screen turned off and that’s why they are used for pausing and resuming playback (the most used command).
In order to activate the VLC’s web interface, follow this tutorial:
After that, test it on your phone’s browser: if you cannot access it in the browser, the application will not be able to do it either.
You can use this also from your phone's internet connection if you expose VLC's HTTP interface port through your router (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding)
The VLC Server application must be using English or French display language (menus) in order for the mobile app to work.
This paid version does not display commercials.
Tags: adult black vlc.
Starting with VLC 2.1, a password is required to access the web interface
Fixed french translation (change language from application settings).
Added tracks and synchronization