500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Discover new podcasts
1. Search the large and continuously updated Zcasts database by keywords
2. Manually Enter a feed URL. The app will detect if its a valid podcast.
3. Browse the Zcasts database by category or most recently added
4. View some of the most popular podcast networks on the internet.
* Create playlists of downloaded episodes
* Download individual episodes and mange them in the Download Manager. Partial Downloads may be resumed at a later time
* Set up an automatic update interval so the freshest podcasts will always be available
* Stream or play audio/video podcasts
* Manage the read/unread status of episodes
* Easily share podcast feeds or individual episodes with friends.
Explanation of Permissions:
FULL INTERNET ACCESS - Needed to access the Podcast database and subscribe to feeds
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS - Needed to store the app on the SD card. Also needed to read/write podcast files on the SD card.
VIEW NETWORK STATE - This is necessary because the app checks whether you are connected to a network before attempting to download or stream a podcast.
READ PHONE STATE - Used to stop the audio when a call arrives.
DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS - Used to authenticate Google Reader account
VIEW NETWORK STATE - Used for streaming/downloading
AUTOMATICALLY START AT BOOT - only used to reset the scheduled refresh saved alarms when rebooting.
Initial Developer - Julian Currie
Google+ : search Julian Currie
Tags: zcasts, podcast manager external player, zcast, individual episode of friends.
Added the ability to switch between audio and video at any time from the audio player menu
Bug fix: Sometimes could not stream video as audio
Bug fix: Title would change to "Audio" when manually closing the slide out drawer
Removed keyboard from view after performing a search in the search field
Updated UI of dialogs
Removed Google Reader as it is no longer supported
minor bug fixes