Podcast player inspired by Google Listen. Maintained and follows most recent Android user interface guidelines.
Support Group: http://goo.gl/SSnbM
- gpodder.net integration
- Automatic background downloads
- Drag & Drop support in queue user interface for easy re-ordering of episodes
- Application widget for easy control of the audio queue
- Remember position in audio on any number of episodes
- Streaming playback if file hasn't yet been downloaded
- Restrict downloads to only on WI-FI, plugged in, or both
- Support headset controls
- Very battery conscious, strives to use the least amount of battery power
- Quick controls for 30 second skip forward and back
- Tablet Support
An existing gpodder (https://gpodder.net/) account can be used to synchronize your account.
The following permissions are used:
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To enable optional WI-FI only downloads
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To write audio files to the SD card
- INTERNET: To download audio files and feeds. Nothing is ever uploaded except for actually making requests for your feeds.
- WAKE_LOCK: So the device doesn't start go to sleep in the middle of playback or download.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: So the application can start the timer to periodically check for new episodes
Tags: listen up , how to use listen up , listen up free app headphones button