Lightening strikes and thunder rolls as G.W. Childs explores the vast depths of Reason’s awesome Master of All Synths: Thor!
Thor is the biggest, baddest synth in the Reason rack and Thor’s sonic secrets, for the first time, are unveiled, uncovered and revealed by veteran Thor sound designer G.W. Childs.
Learn every nook and cranny of Thor’s mysterious synthesis components including:
- The Mod Matrix
- Control Voltages
- All of those oscillators and filters
- The Step Sequencer ...and much, much more...
While Thor is a very advanced synthesizer, it is built around basic synthesizer modules. G.W. takes you through the Thor’s complex kingdom, knob by knob, diving beneath the GUI, uncovering the sonic mysteries of this divine virtual synth.
If you're new to sound design, this couldn't be a better time to learn, as this Thor series is built for the new sound designer and clarifies basic sound design principals, synth components, and what they do.
If you’re an experienced synthesist, this tutorial will inspire you to dig deeper into the depths of this divine synth.
A wise man once said, “It takes a master to teach a master” and that’s why mPV’s master synthesist G.W. Childs was recruited to teach you all about this omnipotent synth. So Join G.W. on an aural journey into the kingdom of the mythological Master of All Synths: Thor
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction of Thor
2. Modular Synthesis Concept
3. Opening Thor
4. Loading a patch
5. Thor’s Unique Polyphony Settings
6. Keyboard Modes
8. Rotaries and Buttons
9. Sound Design - Quick Bass Patch
10. Explanation of Oscillators in Synthesis
11. Changing Oscillators In Thor
12. Analog Oscillator
13. Wavetable Oscillator
14. Phase Modulation Oscillator
15. FM Pair Oscillator
16. Multi Oscillator
17. Noise Oscillator
18. Modulation Capabilities between Oscillators
19. Routing Secondary and Third Oscillators
20. Sound Design: Basic Multi-Oscillator Patch
21. Explanation of Filters within Synthesis
22. Filter Slots and their Strategies
23. Low Pass Oscillator
24. State Variable Filter
25. Comb Filter
26. Formant Filter
28. Filter Drive
29. The Shaper
30. Sound Design Exercise: Filter Kick
31. Introduction to LFOs
32. Thor’s Unique LFOs
33. Introduction to the Modulation Matrix
34. Envelopes can be LFOs Too - Global Envelope
35. Assignable Inputs and Outputs
36. Sound Design- Thor Effect Combinator
37. Introduction of Thor’s Sequencer
38. More than Just a Melodic Source
39. Sequencer Modes
40. Sound Design - Thor as Arp Like Device
41. Assignable Modulation Outputs in Thor and Sequencer...
Tags: reason 5 , reason 5 and , reason 5 sound design , reason thor , reson 5 thor , thor synth , what is y/5=103 , thunder master , thor synthesizer