The free version of the Rude Practice Pad. This app will:
* Show notation of all 40 official rudiments, with name and order according to PAS.
* Visually indicate where you are in the pattern, synchronized with the built-in metronome.
* Keep the tempo using the most accurate metronome engine available on Android.
* Allow tempo adjustments between 20 and 240 BPM.
* Navigate quickly and intuitively between rudiments and tempos, with support for most input methods (including media buttons, remote controls and screen swipes).
* Link to textual descriptions and instructional videos showing all the patterns individually, on pad and examples applied to drum set. Professional performances with a single click. (The videos and examples are published at rude.skrivarna.com.)
What it doesn't do:
* It does not attempt to play the rudiments with the built-in midi sounds. No offense, but in this case your phone sucks.
If you want the play-along feature, please check out the Rude Practice Pad app. Rather than trying to program a midi sequence to faithfully reproduce a buzz roll or flam, the new sound engine uses real sampled drum sounds. The Rude Practice Pad also contain 100 hybrid rudiments, exercises, social sharing etc.
I really appreciate comments on how this small app behaves, looks and performs on different Android versions and hardware models. If you mail me at software (at) skrivarna.com I can get back with updated versions or questions and answers if needed.
Of course, any suggestions on additional features, improvements and corrections of the actual contents are very welcome. Use the software (at) skrivarna.com mail for this as well. This is also true for the examples at rude.skrivarna.com, please send me a mail with any comments.
And yes, I am aware that some of the rudiments, official or not, have different possible interpretations in how they are played and notated. In most cases I have used the most common form (as far as I understand), but there is also a trade-off in making the notation viewable on a small screen and making the underlying code somewhat maintainable. If you have a strong opinion on this and think I have made the wrong choice, don't hesitate to contact me. I will do my best to be as correct as possible.
Tags: rude , drum tainer , drum training , drum rudiments , hybrid rudiment instructional apps , rudiment trainer , best drum rudiments , qrcode rude , rudiments deutsch