ArmAmp Music Player
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Wiktor Adamski
Free version of the player may play ads. If it does they won't be played too often.
* Uses FFmpeg for decoding, meaning that it supports almost all audio file formats including mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, opus, real audio (*.ra), windows media audio (*.wma), monkey's audio (*.ape), musepack (*.mpc) and many more.
* Reads playlists: m3u, ram, pls, xspf, asx, cue sheet.
* Plays local files, files on remote filesystems, and any web stream including Shoutcast radio stations.
* Built-in file browser with:
- access to audio files on local storage, Samba servers, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive,
- bookmarks for easy access to often used folders.
* Gapless playback:
- for audio formats that natively support gapless playback,
- for gaplessly encoded mp3,
- for any mp3 option to remove silence.
* Replay gain.
* 10–band equalizer with ability to set exact frequency, width and gain for every band.
* Preamp, postamp.
* Reverb - 5 different parameters can be used to set preferred sound.
* Speed effect.
* Pitch effect.
* Tempo effect.
* Crossfeed effect.
* Fade in and fade out with configurable time.
* Can be controlled using:
- main window,
- headset and other media buttons (supported actions: play, pause, stop, next, previous),
- buttons in notification area (required Android 3.0+),
- widget (on Android 4.2+ can be placed on lockscreen).
- built-in scrobbling (no separate scrobbling app is necessary),
- love track,
- ban track.
* Displays lyrics using LyricWiki.
* Displays Shoutcast/Icecast stream information.
- single song/stream or whole playlist can be bookmarked,
- audiobook mode - current playback time can be bookmarked.
* Playlist sorting:
- by file name,
- by tags,
- easy manual control.
* Automatic playlists containing favorites or random songs.
* Shuffle - as long as it's possible it will not repeat songs. Also whole playlist can be randomized with similar effect.
* Tags viewer with automatic encoding detection.
* Supports devices with ARM, x86 or MIPS processors.
INTERNET - used for playing music not available locally.
WAKE_LOCK - used for ensuring smooth audio playback. Behavior can be changed in settings.
READ_PHONE_STATE - used for optional pausing after phone call.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - allows file deletion (must be requested by user).
Other permissions are used by ad library and are not used with ads removed.
Tags: armamp audiopleer, armamp player, armamp video player, armamp.
No changes for android 4.0.3+
- fixed widget (android 2.1 - 4.0.2)
- lastfm without ssl (android 2.3 - 4.0.2)
- fixed crash on startup (android 3.0 - 4.0.2)
- fixed minor crossfeed bug
- added crossfeed effect
- added Last.fm track and album info
- added an option to sort only selection
- more selection options
- ad remover icon can be hidden
- Last.fm and LyricWiki dialogs will show album artist if artist tag is missing
- improved accessibility
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.