Digitally Imported Radio
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Great and intuitive interface
- Set bitrate over WiFi and over 3G
- Scheduled shows
- Specific target: if you don't like electronic music, this app isn't for you
- It doesn't have a screen widget
- Missing "Like" button and other sharing options
Digitally Imported Radio has been on air for a decade and now lands on your Android
First you need to know is this radio station is based on electronic music. You will find a wide range of channels with different channels and genres, but the common thread is electronic music.
Thus, you can tune into over 35 radios channels to listen to the best DJs and artist of each genre: trance, house, dance, lounge, chillout, techno, ambient and many many more (check out developer's description). The selection of the artist has been done by Digitally Imported channel directors with enough expertise to set a high standard of music quality.
If you don't know all the music genres don't worry, explore the Style list with predefined groups for a quickly discovering of music. If you really like a song or a channel mark it as favorite to listen to it again and again. From preferences you can set higher or lower stream bitrate that will increase sound quality (as well as data consumption). What's good is that you can set a bitrate for 3G connection and a different one for when you are connected over WiFi. Anyway, there's a buffer bar to track data plan usage.
On "Shows" you can see the scheduled programs on Radio Channels, not to miss them. On "Community" tab, you can take a glance at Digitally Imported Facebook page, Twitter profile or the top news regarding it.
Digitally Imported Radio has been developed by AudioAddict Inc, a developer responsible of this and other great music apps as Sky.FM or JazzRadio.com
In summary, if you like electronic music, make the most of Digitally Imported Radio expertise and give this app a go. A great selection of different electronic music genre is waiting for you. High recommendable.
We have been serving the beats to a global audience for a full decade, and now DI is available anywhere you want to listen with your Android device.
Visit our NEW website at http://www.di.fm to learn more.
- Listen to 55+ hand-programmed electronic music channels
- Not sure which channel to pick? Explore the easy-to-use Styles list
- Stream music from the app or in the background while you do other things
- Control audio and view track titles from the lock screen
- Save your favorite channels for quick and easy access later
- View current and upcoming exclusive radio shows on Digitally Imported
- New Sleep Timer allows you to fall asleep to music without draining your data plan
- Set data streaming preferences for when using a Cellular vs. WiFi network
- Share your favorite tracks and channels on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
- Optional buffer bar with data display helps you keep track of your data usage
- New listener? Try DI Premium for free for 7 days within the app to listen to commercial-free streams
- Ready to upgrade? Purchase DI Premium quickly and easily in the app
- Big Room House
- Chillout Dreams
- Classic Electronica
- Classic EuroDance
- Classic EuroDisco
- Classic Trance
- Classic Vocal Trance
- Club Dubstep
- Club Sounds
- Cosmic Downtempo
- Dark DnB
- Deep House
- Deep Nu-Disco
- Deep Tech
- Disco House
- DJ Mixes
- Downtempo Hop
- Downtempo Lounge
- Drum and Bass
- Electro House
- Epic Trance
- Funky House
- Future Synthpop
- Glitch Hop
- Hands Up
- Hard Dance
- Latin House
- Liquid Dnb
- Liquid Dubstep
- OldSchool Acid
- Progressive Psy
- Russian Club Hits
- Sankeys Ibiza
- Soulful House
- Space Music
- Tech House
- Tribal House
- UK Garage
- UMF Radio
- Vocal Chillout
- Vocal Trance
Minor UI refresh.
Note: Users of older android phones - be sure to use the Menu key to find the sleep timer, settings page, and more.
I think I just died and went to the most fantastic place in the afterlife!
Awesome selection and variety of music, if your into modern music... You will not be disappointed.
You guys have outdone yourself. Love the fresh music!!!!
As Yuri mentioned, this app does not respond to any play/pause commands from bluetooth. However, previous/next work fine, so it's just a matter of wiring those commands in. This would prove vital for my use case, which is using DI in my car via bluetoot
Good luck on the Awards!