Dood's Music Streamer
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Dood
- Unlimited free music streaming
- Search by title or artist and get the actual song, not a radio station
- No registration required
- Local and GrooveShark playlist support
- GrooveShark's "My Music" import support
- GrooveShark's customized radio mode support
- Prebuffer upcoming songs for zero delay between songs
- Uses Androids built in media player
- Flashplayer is NOT required
- Auto closes when not in use
- Google Voice Search (Listen to...) support. Requires Android 2.2 (Froyo) or higher.
- Home widget
- Offline Streaming
- Last.fm Srobble Support
- Music Control Gestures
*Permissions Usage Explanation*
READ PHONE STATE: This is required to automatically pause the music when a phone call is active.
WAKE LOCK: Some devices cannot stream music with the screen turned off as it goes to sleep. This will keep your device awake ONLY when music is playing.
INTERNET: To stream music of course!
WRITE EXTERNAL STORAGE: Used for the storing of album art and offline streaming content. Devices with multiple storage solutions will be defaulted to the primary external storage. An external storage is considered as what can be mounted via USB.
ACCESS NETWORK STATE: To see if your device has internet.
-----A call for help------
I am aware that very specific devices are having problems with the last few updates (1.2.4+). If it force closes every time you launch the app, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so the issue can be debugged and fixed.
If the app crashes, I'd really appreciate it if you send the crash report so I can fix the problem. Suggestions are also welcomed in the comments or email at email@example.com. Thank you.
Some usage notes:
- Some phones will have problems streaming ALL songs. Try enabling "Songs Not Playing Fix" from the settings menu.
- There are a lot of extra options by pressing your MENU key or long pressing list items
- You can close most "Loading" dialog at any time by pressing your BACK key.
- Radio isn't perfect. Sometimes it won't fetch a new song. It could either be because of a bug in my code or you need more songs in the playlist. If a radio song doesn't load by the end of the list, try liking more songs then play the last song on the playlist to fetch a new radio song.
- The spinning loading icon on the title bar means it is connecting to the GrooveShark servers in some way (ex: fetching a new song for the radio or downloading album art).
- This app is NOT suited for driving as your phone will be switching between cell towers too often, and slow buffering will possibly be a problem for people passing by areas with poor wireless coverage.
>>This app has ad banners at the top that does not interrupt music<<
This app was made just for fun and because I was really bored. This is a side project and is updated only when I have free time. This app and its developers are not associated in any way with GrooveShark.com or its affiliates. You can help expand GrooveShark's music collection by visiting them at their website. Past releases of this app can be downloaded at https://dms.mysticdeath.com/
Wow, you made it to the bottom! Congratulations!
Tags: doods music streamer, doods music, doods music player, doods music thing, doods music streamer apk, dudes music streamer, doods music stream, doods, dood music streamer, doods player.
*Fixed some issues with streaming
*Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation by Yn
*Updated French translation by benob
*Updated German translation by David Beinder
*Updated Spanish translation by Adrián Espinosa
*Updated Swedish translation by mefton