Field Recorder is only available on Google Play!
Turn your smartphone and tablet into an HQ audio recorder!
Customers say it is the best audio recorder app that money can buy and worth every cent.
Field Recorder provides easy-to-use presets for standard tasks like dictation or concert recording. However, it is actually designed for professional use as it provides more than 60 options to customize it to the given device and situation. Also, external microphones are supported.
• Recording, overwriting, continuing, and playing of wav files with mono and stereo.
• Up to 4 seconds pre- and post recording. You won't miss any important stuff even if you are too late at the start button.
• Auto start, stop, and continue, depending on loudness. The control signal can be filtered independently to optimize it for voices and other audio signals.
• When recording, automatic stop at 4GB maximum file size and even seamless restart of a new file is available (activate auto start with a low threshold).
• High-precision stereo audio engine with minimum-phase shelving equalizers and stereo balance correction to compensate for flaws of the microphones. Also with recording booster, configurable limiters, soft clipping, and high-quality monitoring.
• Wav player with volume maximizer, silent and audible fast-forward and fast-rewind, and low-latency random access to any play position via progress bar.
• Stores recordings internally or on any chosen SD card (even if you have two or more SD cards installed). Default is SD card. Optionally makes recordings visible to your favorite player.
• More than 1300 colors available for the metallic-brushed skin! Also, you choose round or rectangular LEDs, left-hand operation, the button size, and your favorite color for the LCD display.
The First 15 Minutes
Use the Google Play 15 minute return period to check out if audio recording works on your phone. Especially, try the different inputs from "In:MicA" to "In:MicE".
Start with the presets which you select by touching "Factory". Probably, you find a preset in the cloud perfectly adapted to your smartphone! Then choose the various inputs (touch "In:MicA"). If you activate "Monitor", use headphones to avoid an acoustic feedback loop. Check without creating audio files, just by pressing the pause button, which activates the level meters. In the LCD you see a date/time string as the potential file name.
• The name of a modified preset is shown in the LCD in gray
• Play back uses the PlayLimiter and ignores the Monitor switch, so monitoring can be deactivated during recording
• Touch "time/position/free" label to show remaining recording duration
• Touch battery symbol to toggle between battery and CPU usage
• Touch "CLIP" to reset clip LEDs
• Touch meter to open its configuration menu
• The meter shows peak amplitudes or the start/stop control signal
• Active auto start overrules pressing the pause button
• The auto start/stop control signal filter with 1.5kHz is optimized for speech. 750Hz are better with high-frequency environmental noise, 3k reduces low-frequency influence
• Soft Clipping is active above -3dBFS
• Limiting and Soft Clipping work only if Boost is greater than 0dB
• Recording Boost above 20dB might produce hardware feedback loop (caused by weak power supply)
• Overwrite and Append modify existing recordings (warning can be switched on/off)
• Activate flight mode to further reduce noise floor
Tags: aufnehmen mithören, low frequency recorder.
•Improved sorting of presets
•More background colors
•Status bar icons to quickly return to Field Recorder
•Long file names
•48kHz available (shows native sample rate)
•User-definable recording path
•Improved SD card detection
•Other apps can share files with Field Recorder
•Less CPU consumption
•Send mp3 files of mono recordings (available if you installed FreeMP3Droid)