Google Play Music
100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Fast sync and download
- Easy to use
- It runs smoothly
- It allows you to perform same things that web version
- We're missing some features: equalizer, select sound quality, smart playlist....
Music is the official Google music app for Android
Google Music is an online music streaming service that allows you to sync your music to the cloud and play it on your desktop computer or on any other Android device. Actually you can add songs from your computer or from your mobile device (or both) to the cloud and access over 20 million songs if you get All Access subscription.That means, you will be able to listen to the songs you upload to the cloud and the default music that Google has left open for everyone.
Music for Android is set in an intuitive layout, with that typical Google's minimalist touch. Maybe for that reason it runs so smoothly. There are 5 tabs on the top: Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists, Genres. From the app you can manage almost everything that you can do in the web version: search/play a song/album/artist, add/delete a new playlist, shop for artist, check other albums of that artist, play shuffle, sort by and organize to your whim.
From preferences, you can set basic playing option as "only download music to play offline over WiFi", or "Store music in cache" when streaming. You can also select those albums that you want to play offline in order to save data connection when you aren't over WiFi.
The sound quality overtakes other online music streaming services. However, the app is way too simple, and it could be improved in this point. However, if this improvement implies make it running slower, we prefer it simple and fast. The sync is fast as well as the navigation through menus. We don't understand though why it changes its background color sometimes, and we didn't find how to set it.
Google Music is already one of the best online streaming music service, specially regarding sound quality, fast sync and music management.
With our new All Access service, you can play millions of songs on Google Play, listen to radio with no limits, and enjoy playlists handcrafted by our music experts.
With both All Access and Standard, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback.
All Access features:
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
All Access and Standard features:
* Add up to 20,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience music without ads
* Buy new music on Google Play (18M+ songs)
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
* Learn more about availability of Google Play Music at https://support.google.com/googleplay/?p=availability
* Learn more about Google Play at http://play.google.com/about/music
*I'm feeling lucky radio gives you music you love at the push of a button
*Pin icons added to cards to make it easier to find things you've kept on device
- Jessica H. Downloaded 4d ago
- SiRoc B. Downloaded Nov 23, 2013
- Felix S. Downloaded Nov 18, 2013
- Zieedickz Favorited Nov 12, 2013
- Abdelilah O. Favorited Nov 10, 2013
- Joaquim D. Downloaded Nov 7, 2013
- Matus C. Favorited Nov 5, 2013
- OErich H. Downloaded Nov 3, 2013
- Carolina H. Downloaded Oct 27, 2013
Uts slow to use
This used to be a good app but the instant mix stopped working on my Motorola XT910 (the lucky mix never worked) which makes it pretty useless. I'm hoping this will be resolved soon otherwise its gone!!!
Bit slow at first as it downloads stuff from your uploaded music collection but once it gets going offers a good streaming/caching for offline. Controls, shuffle, auto mix compatible with other players. Mac version of the companion app does work after a f
Love the options for the device but it doesn't play my library to Chromecast...I thought Google was supposed to be different than all those money hungry DRM jerks...guess not..
It crashes all the time everytime . Regardless if I'm browsing my own collections saved on my s3 or streaming, it always crashes.
No editing & no theming like player pro can not change missing art work like how the art work moves from side to side thou needs a dark like jellybean theme to make it look cool