Hal Medial Player and Virtual Assistant features several capabilities including voice recognition/commands, music player, document reader (eReader), voice synthesis, location/GPS tracking, News, Weather, CallerID and safer driving (beta). It is designed to avoid looking at the phone screen and minimize distractions. This application is voice activated and able to interact with the user by talking.
Voice command examples include:
News about president Obama
What time is it ?
What is the date ?
Please remember that Android voice recognition and synthesis are still work in progress. There are many factors to consider. Don't expect flawless voice recognition and synthesis. Don't download otherwise. Using song numbers improves accuracy.
The media player includes the following features, among others:
- Voice activated search based on song or item number. You can also perform other voice activated searches. For instance, say:
search song thriller
search artist Michael Bulton
search album party
- Talking capabilities. The media player speaks and provides you with information about the current song or item, including song number and title.
- Playlist menu option: display all the playlists available. A specific playlist can be selected and played by clicking on it. A long click will direct the media player to speak and tell you the title of the playlist.
- Fast forward and backward searches. Searches can include all the songs or be limited to the scope of a playlist. You can combine the forward and backward buttons to skip to a specific song. This is in case you choose not to use the voice activated search feature.
- 4-button simple interface and tactile (haptic) feedback that, along with the voice recognition and talking capabilities, also avoids looking at the screen.
- The document reader helps you work and study by reading PDF, HTML and .txt documents. It can read HTML documents directly from the internet (web) which requires an internet connection. You can also transfer the document
(extension .pdf, .htm, .html or .txt) to the device (sd card).
This is a beta version. Your feedback and comments
- The latest version also features GPS/location tracking capabilities which allow you to send your current location to family and friends. Because the latest version requires additional permissions, you will need to download a separate application from the market:
Hal Virtual Assistant
Note: This version only reads from the external SD Card.
Requires Android 1.6+. Android 2.1 is recommended. The talking feature requires google voice search apk and data.
Keywords: Virtual Assistant, Music Player, Media Player, Document Reader (eReader with Voice), Voice Activated, Voice Search, Car, Automobile,Hands free, Talking, Safety, Caller ID.
Tags: hal 5000 , ivr player , hal list audio players , hal voice , voice recognition music player , jen speaking ivr , hal 5000 music , audio hal