PlayLine is a completely new take on how a music player should function on mobile devices.
Also available in a lite(free) edition: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playline.lite
Designed from the ground up to be as fast and intuitive as possible, PlayLine presents you with a beautiful minimalistic interface, and lets you weave your music catalogue into playlists with unprecedented ease!
In PlayLine, everything is a playlist. PlayLine displays the current playlist as a series of high-resolution images, enabling you to drag and drop tracks, artists, albums or even other playlists onto the current playlist!
- Stream your music to any UPnP/DLNA compliant device over WiFi
- Beautifully rendered hi-res list of tracks
- Intuitive and minimalistic interface - Nothing is more than a few swipes away.
- Move tracks around using drag-and-drop.
- Use swipes to pan through the current PlayLine.
- Use pinch-to-zoom to scale the current PlayLine.
- Fling tracks, artists or albums to enqueue them.
- Crisp animations and highly optimized graphics.
- Custom playlists(PlayLines) offer custom backgrounds and saving/resuming
- Built-in 5 band Equalizer, Bassboost and Virtualizer. (Possible to use an external EQ as well)
- Tag-Editor lets you rename tracks on the go.
- Art downloader - automatically fetches missing album and artist art from Discogs™.
- Lock Screen widget(ICS+)
- Remote Controls using headset or Bluetooth compatible devices.
- Notification with track art and buttons for changing track, pausing/resuming and exiting the app.
- Easy and fast search is embedded right into the main layout.
- Flipping the app to landscape mode will result in a fullscreen view of the current PlayLine.
- Shuffle and repeat functions.
## CHANGELOG ##
- Gapless DLNA/UPnP playback is now supported! (Requires a MediaRenderer with support for gapless playback)
- Missing artwork is now retrieved from MusicBrainz.
- DLNA/UPnP devices are now listed using correct naming
- Improved DLNA/UPnP stability and functionality.
- Added new launcher icons for high DPI devices.
- Made the QuickSettings menu scrollable.
- Fixed a crash related to the QuickSettings menu.
- Fixed a crash in the lite version when trying to queue more than 50 tracks at a time.
- Art cached by PlayLine is now hidden from Gallery/photo apps.
- Fixed the ability to change art for albums.
- Changed the notification icon to fit the KitKat theme.
- Various improvements.
- Added a sleep timer to the quicksettings menu accessible via the ‘>‘ button.
- PlayLine will now resume playing if an unplugged headset is plugged in again.
- Reworked headset controls, a single click will pause/play, a double click will change to the next track, and a triple click will go back to the previous track.
- Fixed a bug that was causing album and artist names starting with ‘the‘ to be sorted under ‘T‘.
- PlayLine now comes in a lite edition that is available for free on the Play Store. Ask your friends to try it out!
- Fixed cropping of photos for use as backgrounds/icons\n- Made the default background redraw immediately after being changed.
- Redid the coloring of the PlayLine icon, the new icon should be more visually appealing!
- Various bugfixes.
- Added a button for deleting tracks. Access it by opening the drop down menu of a track you want to delete
- Fixed a bug on some devices that caused UPnP streaming to fail after 30 minutes
- Fixed a rare bug causing some UPnP devices to crash PlayLine on connection
- Fixed an issue where the SeekLine would not jump to the correct track on startup
- Replay PlayLine is now the default repeat setting
- Fixed a few errors creating a load of warning messages in the logcat output