Pocket Raga - Tabla & Tanpura
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- For fans of Indian music
- Works well, great design
- Not for everyone, very concrete audience
+ By Maha Labs
Play playback with traditional Indian sounds
Pocket Raga is a musical application based on an Indian style. The app pretends to create an accompaniment music from three popular Indian instruments called: tabla, tanpura and shruti.
How does it work? Add and instrument and control the pitch the way you prefer. Begin the playback and follow the rhythm until you become the master of Indian music.
Maha Labs is the developer of Pocket Raga full version and the lite one that will restrict the use after 5 minutes of radio playback (which is reset every 30 minutes).
Only for fans of classical Indian music, otherwise you won't find it useful at all. Great interface, minimalist design.
All of the music samples were recorded in-studio by professional musicians and are exclusive to this application. Care has been taken to ensure the highest quality audio playback, including non-destructive tempo and pitch shifting.
*** CUSTOMIZE ANYTHING! ***
- Tempo (BPM)
- Pitch (Frequency, Semi tones, cents, swar)
- Taal or Tala (including Teentaal, Dadra, Deepchandi, Ektaal and more)
TANPURA (or Tambura):
- Choose notes for strings (Sa, Re, Ga...)
SRUTI BOX (or surpeti)
- 13 individual reeds / swara
Pocket Raaga is great for anyone with interest in classical Indian, Hindustani, Carnatic, or Bollywood music. The virtual instruments (tamboura and sur peti) can be used in a concert or for riyaaz on your Droid. The tabla can even be used as a metronome for bharatanatyam or kathak!
*** DEMO ***
Audio will be restricted after 5 minutes of use. However, the restriction is reset every 30 minutes.
*** PERMISSIONS ***
- Network communication: For sending user feedback and crash reports to the developers.
- Coarse location: To better understand where the application is being used.
- Phone state: To pause playback when you receive a phone call.
Version 1.22 (1/21/2013)
- Urgent bug fix for tablets
Version 1.20 (1/20/2013)
- Added taal styles (vilambit, madhya, drut)
- Added ability to change tanpura tempo
Version 1.18 (11/22/2012)
- Louder instrument volume
- Fixed the 'no audio' bug (please re-rate if its working for you now!)
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Nice for riaz.keep it up
I was wishing for this type of for long time good for rewaj in home with full concert mood.
This is a trial version. Stops after 5 minutes. Good to buy.