- keeping a list of subscriptions
- downloading new podcasts when they are available
- widgets for easy controls
- lock screen and notification controls to make it even easier to pause and resume
- discover popular podcasts from iTunes or gpodder.net
- syncs podcasts and episodes with gpodder.net
- open source development at Github
Here's what Podax does with the permissions that it requests:
Internet: Updates subscriptions and downloads podcasts
Read and write to external storage: Stores downloaded podcasts and subscription images
Get and authenticate accounts, read sync stats, read and write sync settings, use credentials: Sync with gpodder.net
Access network state: Gives you the option to only download podcasts while you're on Wi-Fi to avoid using all of your data
Boot notification: Sets up the updater and downloader when the phone starts so you don't open Podax after rebooting to find out that it didn't update in a while
Tags: podax, podax gpodder, opensource podcast er, how does podax work, connect podax to gpodder, podkicker vs beyondpod, gpodder podax, bluetooth control podax, podax podcast, gpodder google.
Version 7.07 fixes a bug where switching to another podcast would start playing in the wrong position.
Version 7.0 includes ads and a working speed knob.
A new audio player fixes the speed knob. Thanks to dslamnig on Elance for writing the code that speeds up the audio without changing the pitch.
An ad will show up when you change screens and can be disabled in the preferences. If they're too intrusive, let me know. Ad revenue will help support Podax much better in the future.