PodEater’s sophisticated podcatcher engine allows to:
- Search and subscribe from a large podcast database, use url or directly import from an opml file.
- Large number of options for synchronization (manually, at launch, at set time).
- Download audio and video podcasts.
PodEater provides a user-friendly interface to manage your podcast:
- Create your own playlist.
- Filter (include or exclude) to only keep the right podcasts.
- Specify retention settings globally or for individual podcasts: remove episodes already read or not read, manually or at a set time.
PodEater provides a full-featured podcast player:
- Audio and Video.
- Stream or read offline.
- Option to listen video episodes in audio mode.
- Control audio start and pause with headphone remote controls.
- Sleep timer shuts off episode after a specified amount of time.
- Say the title with TTS.
- Resume where you paused the cast.
- Variable speed playback ( Only for ICS, Jelly Bean devices).
PodEater can also be discreet:
- Pause on incoming call and resume on end.
- Immediate stop when headset is unplugged.
- UI: new carousel view to easily navigate between your podcasts. (*)
- UI: Landscape mode for tablets.
- Bug: Fix crash at start-up on some 10" devices.
- Bug: Fix subscription issues on some podcasts.
- Misc: Update/fix translations.
* Only for devices with Android ICS and beyond.