IMPORTANT: This App requires an USB OTG capable Android device and a custom DIY cable. Please refer to XDA Forums thread for details-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220108
* No root required.
* Plug and Play - the app will launch automatically in one of the 2 remote modes (decided by the accessory) and run in the background.
* Simple Remote Mode:
-- Speaker and Clock radio docks usually work in this mode.
-- You can play and control media in any 3rd party media app that support media buttons.
-- Preference to set the default media app to launch and control.
* Advanced Remote Mode:
-- Car audio interfaces usually work in this mode.
-- Displays currently playing song info on the car audio system's screen.
-- Filter by Playlist/Genre/Artist/Album/Song
-- Notification display - Status bar Notification text(mail/text/Nav turn-by-turn/weather) is displayed on car audio system's track information screen (Album/song name) for 15 seconds. NOTE:You need to enable this feature in the Phone Settings>>Accessibility>>PodMode.
-- Preference to set the default media app.
* Unplug the USB and the app will pause playback and quit.
* Preference to turn screen on - since some devices cannot supply USB host power in screen off/power save mode.
* Preference to change the connection speed for different accessories.
* Compatibility web page ( http://podmode.spadival.me/compatibility.php ) - List of iPhone/iPod accessories and Android devices where this app is working.
Tags: usb accessory mode, diy otg.
* Added support for FTDI FT311D Android Open Accessory USB host chip - Now, devices without OTG USB Host support can use PodMode in conjunction with FT311D ( http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/ICs/FT311D.html )
* Minor bug fixes