1 - 5 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
You can search and subscribe to podcasts RSS feeds with ease. Podwave then downloads your podcasts after which you can listen to them.
It supports the following features:
* Resume broken or failed downloads.
* Can block downloads over 3G and only download on WiFi, if you wish.
* Plays in the background (without being killed)
* Responds to media buttons on headsets
* Plays over Bluetooth connections
* Automatically deletes listened Podcasts after a user set period
* Drag and drop playlists sorting by tapping on the logo
* Search for podcasts or add podcast feed url's manually.
Even though it's inspired by Google Listen it is differently organized but it's navigation is very familiar. It does not support Google Reader integration yet. That will be added in the next release.
Explanation of Permissions
* INTERNET : For downloading and updating podcasts
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Downloaded podcasts are stored on the external card
* ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To check if Wifi is enabled when you set "enable wifi download only"
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: see WIFI_STATE
* WAKE_LOCK: to keep the player running when in the background or screen off
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To restart updating after a reboot
* READ_PHONE_STATE: For disabling playing when a call is received
I hope you like it. Please leave feedback if you experience issues.
Note: Paid version removes ads.
Tags: podwave free vs paid.
Recently changed in this version:
* Stability bugfixes
* Playlist can now be sorted, manually, download order or publish date
* Can set arbitrary number of old articles to keep
* Can set arbitrary number of media to download
* Recategorized preferences
* Announcement bell between podcasts can be disabled in the preferences
* Added player controls on lock screen for ICS and up
* Updated app icon
* Removed "Updated Subscription" Toast messages
* Improved layout for tablets