RadioFlag is the first Social Network for a New Generation of Radio Listeners; a content discovery and listening app for "real radio". Unlike play list and recorded music up-starts, only the original form of electronic social media, "Real Radio" has a mic, a turntable, and behind them, the incomparable human element - live DJs and Talk Hosts, heard here setting the music and social trends, introducing you to underground Indie music / artist communities, independent thought and opinion, and taking your requests and encouraging your feedback.
RadioFlag offers real time, online social interaction between members of a live radio audience, by networking listeners throughout the world. RadioFlag's DJs, Talk Radio Hosts and Listeners, will open your ears to fresh and exciting content and ideas, where together you can share them on a focused and personalized level.
RadioFlag’s live radio content search engine, powers its web and smart phone software applications, filtering on air content, by searching broadcasts and delivering to listeners, via its proprietary and powerful social network, the music, live interviews, information, news and entertainment they most desire... from the broadest topic and category to the most niche and Obscure. Real time conversation between listeners will buzz around each broadcast.
Here You Will:
- Support College, Community, Free-form, Internet & Independent Radio across the country.
- Create & share 140 character ‘Flags’, used to discover what's playing right now live on the Radio.
- Stream radio stations live
- Access and search a database of thousands of radio stations sorted by genre and location, among other categories
- Search flags, interests, DJs and fellow listeners on the RadioFlag network
- View trending stations interests on the radio.
- Socialize Live with DJ's, Artists, Special Guests & Bands during Live Jams & In Studio Interviews by flagging comments, photos, URL links, special invites, etc...
- Request what you want to hear live & hear songs played by DJs who love their listeners, as much as the music genres they play.
- Discover a diverse and vibrant source of music news & music history, while unearthing where many music trends start before they go mainstream.
- Uncover an underground community of Indie Bands from all over; locally & internationally.
- Customize your Selective Listening experience by selecting the DJs, Talk Show Hosts, Stations, Listeners & Interests to add to your personal Selective Listening profile.
- Interact with Talk Radio Hosts, by expressing your opinions - having your voice be heard & even suggest show topic ideas. Hear shows shift direction in real time based on your input.
- Win cool stuff like Swag ,Vinyls, Stickers, Tix Giveaways, Concert Invites & much more.
RadioFlag is dedicated to spotlighting and galvanizing College, Indie, and Community - Local Radio. These venues feature some of the most original and interactive content; and these cutting edge DJs are brave enough to play the genres and showcase the artists, almost never heard on mainstream radio. RadioFlag talk hosts offer fresh ideas, discuss unique topics, and offer opinions that most stations would never dare explore. On RadioFlag you can search your interests, connect with listeners and DJs, and listen anywhere anytime.
In the 80's, Video tried to Kill the Radio Star, but since then with the advent of the internet and online streaming, and especially now in 2012, more Radio Stars will be born each and every day and will shine brighter than ever, so now it's time you discover and hear them too.
The Radio Star Blog
The Radio Star Awards
Tags: radioflag inc reviews, radioflag qr code, radioflag.
- Fixed streaming issues reported by Gingerbread users.
- Fixed browse by Genres feature.
- Fixed app force closes.
- Additional bug fixes and UI improvements.
If you are still experiencing difficulties streaming, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to further improving the overall experience of RadioFlag so please stay tuned!