Rocket Music Player
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Full sync with iTunes
- Good-looking ICS-like layout
- Ease of use
- Equalizer & art settings
- Needs iSyncr to sync with iTunes
- Not too customizable
Rocket Music Player is an alternative music player which a wide range of features.
This is the free version which's missing some interesting premium features only available in the paid version.
We have to make it clear: in order to fully enjoy Rocket Music Player you should have your music organized in iTunes. If that's not the case, Rocket Music is still a great music player set in a good-looking layout and user-friendly interface. However, fifty percent of the app is sync and streaming music from iTunes.
Thus, Rocket Music allows you to play local music (stored in your mobile device) and music you've loaded in your iTunes library. What's more, thanks to iSyncr Live Lists it dinamically updates while playing. You can also import playlists or create them from the app and import/export podcasts bookmarks. Of course iSyncr works both directions.
Rocket Music has been set in a ICS-like platinum layout. A swipable top bar makes navigation easier: artist, albums, songs, playlists, podcasts and genres. It includes an equalizer, art settings and 2 sizes screen widgets (4x1 and 4x2).
If you're a dedicated iTunes user and you have well-organized there your albums and playlists, this is a good player to sync them to (you'll need to download iSyncr from the market too). Recommendable.
Frequently asked questions are available at http://www.jrtstudio.com/RocketPlayer/FAQ
This free Android media player contains key features focused on streamlining your music player interaction including:
- Personalize your look with themes
- Control sound with 5 band graphic equalizer (Android 2.3+)
- Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, podcasts, folders, composers, videos and playlists
- Video browser and player
- Play or shuffle by albums, artists, genres, songs, podcasts, folders, composers, videos and playlists
- Batch operations for optimizing your library
- Display embedded lyrics support
- Remove unused media tabs
- Edit tags
- Programmable sleep timer
- Create and edit playlists within the player
- Create dynamic “Live List” playlists based on rules
- Fade in and out when playing and stopping songs
- Controllable lockscreen
- Bookmark podcasts
- Customize the default action for different categories
- Add music up next, like in iTunes
- Control your music with 4x1 and 4x2 widgets
- Support for most scrobbling apps
When combined with iSyncr, an app for syncing your iTunes music with your Android device, Rocket Player allows you to:
- Sync new playlists and playlist changes back to iTunes
- Sync podcast bookmarks to and from iTunes
- Sync song ratings to and from iTunes
- Sync video play counts
To take your music listening to the next level, upgrade Rocket Player with the Rocket Player Premium Unlocker. The Premium version unlocks the following features:
- Support for more audio formats: Apple Lossless (alac), APE (ape), Musepack (mpc), Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac), True Audio (tta), Waveform Audio File (wav), WavePack (wv) and Windows Media Audio Non-Lossless (wma)
- Download album art
- Customize sound using a 10 band graphic equalizer
- Limit distortion and clipping with limiter
- Assign an equalizer preset to a song, genre, playlist, artist, album, or podcast
- Right/Left balance control
- Replay Gain
- Gapless playback
- Marked gapless albums in iTunes will play gapless when used with iSyncr
- Start/stop time from iTunes is used when used with iSyncr
Need help? Visit http://www.jrtstudio.com for quick tips or to contact support.
Want to help translate to your language?
App updates and Giveaways!
Follow us on
© 2012 JRT Studio LLC | iSyncr is a trademark of JRT Studio LLC | iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* Version 2.6.1
** NEW: Adjust the playback speed of music. (Premium)
** ISSUE: KitKat fixes (Android 4.4)
** ISSUE: Clearer album art
* Version 2.6.0
** NEW: Manage album art by holding down on it
** NEW: Sort any tab with the new sort button
** NEW: Android 4.3 AVRCP support
** ISSUE: Many fixes, especially for users with SD cards
* Version 2.5.0
** NEW: Podcast playback speed (experimental) (requires premium)
- djroberio Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- Nestor O. Downloaded Nov 7, 2013
- Pablo L. Downloaded Oct 22, 2013
- Vaxtang D. Downloaded Oct 21, 2013
- Garth N. Downloaded Oct 20, 2013
- Anna G. Reviewed Oct 17, 2013
- Hon leung T. Downloaded Oct 13, 2013
- Francisco S. Downloaded Oct 9, 2013
- Ryan R. Downloaded Sep 23, 2013
Liked it at first. Even paid for the pro version. But now after a few songs it either stops or locks my phone up.
forever like it...
Some songs appear to be sung by unknown artist from unknown album though the default music player said its artist and album properly. Tried to edit tag but the song cannot be played anymore D: Other than that, it's a very good music player. Very easy to u
This is a great player. Wouldn't trade it for anything else :-D
best music player app i've ever in my phone.
I love the app i use it everyday but it resets or rebost it self at 18 times a day if in use all day. And please let us get the album art for free if these problems are fixed on the next update ill give full 5 stars