Rocket Music Player
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Full sync with iTunes
- Good-looking ICS-like layout
- Ease of use
- Equalizer & art settings
- Needs iSyncr to sync with iTunes
- Not too customizable
Rocket Music Player is an alternative music player which a wide range of features.
This is the free version which's missing some interesting premium features only available in the paid version.
We have to make it clear: in order to fully enjoy Rocket Music Player you should have your music organized in iTunes. If that's not the case, Rocket Music is still a great music player set in a good-looking layout and user-friendly interface. However, fifty percent of the app is sync and streaming music from iTunes.
Thus, Rocket Music allows you to play local music (stored in your mobile device) and music you've loaded in your iTunes library. What's more, thanks to iSyncr Live Lists it dinamically updates while playing. You can also import playlists or create them from the app and import/export podcasts bookmarks. Of course iSyncr works both directions.
Rocket Music has been set in a ICS-like platinum layout. A swipable top bar makes navigation easier: artist, albums, songs, playlists, podcasts and genres. It includes an equalizer, art settings and 2 sizes screen widgets (4x1 and 4x2).
If you're a dedicated iTunes user and you have well-organized there your albums and playlists, this is a good player to sync them to (you'll need to download iSyncr from the market too). Recommendable.
Frequently asked questions are available at http://www.jrtstudio.com/RocketPlayer/FAQ
This free Android media player contains key features focused on streamlining your music player interaction including:
- Personalize your look with themes
- Stream music to your Chromecast
- Control sound with 5 band graphic equalizer (Android 2.3+)
- Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, podcasts, folders, composers, videos and playlists
- Video browser and player
- Play or shuffle by albums, artists, genres, songs, podcasts, folders, composers, videos and playlists
- Batch operations for optimizing your library
- Display embedded lyrics support
- Remove unused media tabs
- Edit tags
- Programmable sleep timer
- Create and edit playlists within the player
- Create dynamic “Live List” playlists based on rules
- Fade in and out when playing and stopping songs
- Controllable lockscreen
- Bookmark podcasts
- Customize the default action for different categories
- Add music up next, like in iTunes
- Control your music with 4x1 and 4x2 widgets
- Support for most scrobbling apps
When combined with iSyncr, an app for syncing your iTunes music with your Android device, Rocket Player allows you to:
- Sync new playlists and playlist changes back to iTunes
- Sync podcast bookmarks to and from iTunes
- Sync song ratings to and from iTunes
- Sync video play counts
To take your music listening to the next level, upgrade Rocket Player with the Rocket Player Premium Unlocker. The Premium version unlocks the following features:
- Support for even more audio formats: Apple Lossless (alac), True Audio (tta), APE (ape), Musepack (mpc),Waveform Audio File (wav), Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac), WavePack (wv) and Windows Media Audio (except lossless and copy protected) (wma)
- Download album art
- Customize sound using a 10 band graphic equalizer
- Limit distortion and clipping with limiter
- Assign an equalizer preset to a song, genre, playlist, artist, album, or podcast
- Right/Left balance control
- Replay Gain
- Gapless playback
- Variable playback speed for podcasts
- Variable playback speed for music
- Marked gapless albums in iTunes will play gapless when used with iSyncr
- Start/stop time from iTunes is used when used with iSyncr
Need help? Visit http://www.jrtstudio.com for quick tips or to contact support.
Want to help translate to your language?
App updates and Giveaways!
Follow us on
© 2014 JRT Studio LLC | iSyncr is a trademark of JRT Studio LLC | iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* Version 3.0.0
** NEW: Bass Booster
** NEW: Updated look
** NEW: Fresh icon
** NEW: View as songs in artists/genre/composer pages
** NEW: Tabs settings for more customization
* Version 2.8.3
** NEW: Live list ranges
** NEW: Stop after each song ability
** NEW: Playlist shortcuts
** NEW: Full view for album/artists
Its a nice music player
After searching fr a perfect music app fr a lng tym... i came across this app. Its an excellent app. Some humbl requests to the developer: 1.The Charcoal theme is not available in play store, can you plz add it. 2. Can u please add the card structure of light theme in the dark theme aswell!
I love this player but my new car does not. I have a 2014 Mazda CX5. It worked with my car for 2 days but now the play/pause are reversed. When the car stereo thinks it's playing, the player actually pauses and vice versa, when it's paused, the car thinks it's playing. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall app. Re-pair my BT. Nothing helps. Car stereo works fine with Google Play Music app, but I
Since the second to last update, I can't play two or three songs without the music stopping and the app glitching out. Before out was great. Now it's decent at best. So HARD TO DRIVE WHEN YOUR MUSIC KEEPS STOPPING!
This app is a nice change from the original music app
This app.isnt playing any of my songs after I bought the unlocked app. This is ridiculous. ..
I guess the new update reset my podcasts? Ones that I have played are no longer listed as played, and they're listed in alphabetical order now instead of by date released. Help?