500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Spotify and Pandora Radio integration
- Cool Screen widget
- Sharing options (Facebook and Twitter)
- Search accuracy
- Public-based database (you could find mistakes or don't find the song)
- Bit expensive paid version
+ By Shazam Entertainment Limited
Shazam is a song catcher, the easiest way to discover more about mus
Its operation is quite simple: just tap on the central button of the app and hold your phone to identify the track. It will bring you some information: album, title, artist, videos, lyrics, and more. It has to be said though that not all this info is available for all the songs. Since Shazam databased is public-based, the availability depends on the users' willing to upload it. And maybe that's its main flaw. Despite of that the amount of info about thousands of songs is just enviable.
Once Shazam identifies the song your will be able to buy the track on Amazon. What's more, you will be able to tag songs without data coverage. You can also check out your friends tagged music and add tracks straight to your own Tag List. Sharing tags with friends is simple because it's integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Shazam screen widget allows you to tag easily from your phone desktop. Finally, keep yourself up-to-date thanks to Shazam app where you will find some info about tour dates for your tagged artist and buy concerts tickets from there.
This is the paid version Shazam Encore (£2.99), that includes unlimited tagging and exclusive features like integration with Spotify and Pandora Radio. The free version is unlimited tagging just until Jan 1st 2012.
Shazam has been developed by Shazam Entertainment Limited. This is the only app that they've launched in the market but they've reached a great success in the most of mobile platforms.
Shazam is one of those app that you won't probably use everyday. However, you really appreciate to have it installed in your phone when it helps you to discover new songs and artist. We sincerely recommend it.
Once you Shazam music, you can easily:
• Preview and buy tracks on Amazon or Google Play
• Sing along to the beat with real time lyrics
• Share your discoveries on any social network
• Watch music videos on YouTube
• Listen to full tracks with Rdio, Spotify or Deezer
• Connect to Rdio to create a playlist of your Shazamed tracks, or add tracks to any Rdio playlist
• See song recommendations from others like you
You can also use Shazam with TV:
• Shazam your favorite TV shows for the cast, soundtracks, and more
• Shazam ads to watch again, share with friends, or get special offers
Want even more?
• Go to shazam.com/myshazam to see your entire Shazam history; sign in to Facebook to get started
• Check out News to discover great new videos, updates and more, from artists and TV shows
you’ve Shazamed; plus see what your friends are Shazaming
• Explore shows you what’s trending around the world and zoom in for local chart knowledge
• Book concert tickets for artists you’ve Shazamed
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited.
Lyrics and LyricPlay™ available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ
MIPS devices are not supported
Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/entries/29632198
• It's easier than ever to connect to Spotify or Rdio - tap 'Play All' on any list of songs or go to Settings. You can then listen to full tracks and rate them with the player.
• Once you’ve connected, all your Shazams will be saved to a ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist in Spotify or Rdio. We’ve fixed a few issues so this should now be running smoothly.
Got a question? Take a look at our community pages on http://support.shazam.com and follow us @Shazam to stay up to date with all the latest news.
Last update no good not working at all I have note 10.1. I have to Uninstall and then reinstall for it to work for a day
I spent money for encore and yet everytime I scan music it says it's listening then the app sure off! I either need this resolved or a refund. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
for when you're out and about boogieing to a song you like but have no idea who the hell it's by.
why such a big name in the spotify playlist? Just "Shazam" would be enough.
Needs Google play music/movie integration
Just like creating Spotify playlists, can you create a Google Play Music playlist called Shazam?
But《 play all》 button does not work. If somebody knows please help me