500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Spotify and Pandora Radio integration
- Cool Screen widget
- Sharing options (Facebook and Twitter)
- Search accuracy
- Public-based database (you could find mistakes or don't find the song)
- Bit expensive paid version
+ By Shazam Entertainment Limited
Shazam is a song catcher, the easiest way to discover more about mus
Its operation is quite simple: just tap on the central button of the app and hold your phone to identify the track. It will bring you some information: album, title, artist, videos, lyrics, and more. It has to be said though that not all this info is available for all the songs. Since Shazam databased is public-based, the availability depends on the users' willing to upload it. And maybe that's its main flaw. Despite of that the amount of info about thousands of songs is just enviable.
Once Shazam identifies the song your will be able to buy the track on Amazon. What's more, you will be able to tag songs without data coverage. You can also check out your friends tagged music and add tracks straight to your own Tag List. Sharing tags with friends is simple because it's integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Shazam screen widget allows you to tag easily from your phone desktop. Finally, keep yourself up-to-date thanks to Shazam app where you will find some info about tour dates for your tagged artist and buy concerts tickets from there.
This is the paid version Shazam Encore (£2.99), that includes unlimited tagging and exclusive features like integration with Spotify and Pandora Radio. The free version is unlimited tagging just until Jan 1st 2012.
Shazam has been developed by Shazam Entertainment Limited. This is the only app that they've launched in the market but they've reached a great success in the most of mobile platforms.
Shazam is one of those app that you won't probably use everyday. However, you really appreciate to have it installed in your phone when it helps you to discover new songs and artist. We sincerely recommend it.
Once you’ve Shazamed something, you can:
○ Buy tracks on Amazon MP3 or Google Play
○ Available for all Android tablets
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ See what your friends have Shazamed
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Listen to the music you Shazam in Rdio or Spotify
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
You can also
○ Preview and save your favourites
○ Share what you Shazam on Twitter, Facebook & Google+
○ Shazam even when you don’t have any coverage; Shazam will match when you have a connection and get back to you with the result
○ Shazam from your phone’s home screen with the Shazam Widget
Upgrade to Shazam Encore for the Shazam experience without the banner ads.
* Previews available: US, UK, DE, FR, CH, AT
* Lyrics and LyricPlay available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ.
* Spotify available: AR, AT, AU, BE, BG, BO, BR, CH ,CL, CO, CR, CY, CZ, DE, DK, DR, EC, EE, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, GT, HK, HN, HU, IE, IS, IT, LI, LU, LV, MT, MX, MY, NL, NO, NZ, PA, PE, PL, PT, PY, RO, SE, SG, SK, SL, TH, TR, TW, US, UY.
* Shazam supports devices with cellular connection
MIPS devices are not supported
Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/entries/29632198
If you’re in our test group, you’re going to get a sneak peek of the new Shazam experience. And if not, stay tuned, you’ll see it very soon!
Minor bug fixes.
Always get the song on the first try!
Love the app; it works great...I didn't realize I paid for it though!! Lol.
Wish lyrics option came up on every song
I've had Shazam since the beginning, when it was a free download..comes in extremely handy. A must have..
Wish I understood the technology that makes this and others like it find tunes so quickly. Amazing