500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Spotify and Pandora Radio integration
- Cool Screen widget
- Sharing options (Facebook and Twitter)
- Search accuracy
- Public-based database (you could find mistakes or don't find the song)
- Bit expensive paid version
+ By Shazam Entertainment Limited
Its operation is quite simple: just tap on the central button of the app and hold your phone to identify the track. It will bring you some information: album, title, artist, videos, lyrics, and more. It has to be said though that not all this info is available for all the songs. Since Shazam databased is public-based, the availability depends on the users' willing to upload it. And maybe that's its main flaw. Despite of that the amount of info about thousands of songs is just enviable.
Once Shazam identifies the song your will be able to buy the track on Amazon. What's more, you will be able to tag songs without data coverage. You can also check out your friends tagged music and add tracks straight to your own Tag List. Sharing tags with friends is simple because it's integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Shazam screen widget allows you to tag easily from your phone desktop. Finally, keep yourself up-to-date thanks to Shazam app where you will find some info about tour dates for your tagged artist and buy concerts tickets from there.
This is the paid version Shazam Encore (£2.99), that includes unlimited tagging and exclusive features like integration with Spotify and Pandora Radio. The free version is unlimited tagging just until Jan 1st 2012.
Shazam has been developed by Shazam Entertainment Limited. This is the only app that they've launched in the market but they've reached a great success in the most of mobile platforms.
Shazam is one of those app that you won't probably use everyday. However, you really appreciate to have it installed in your phone when it helps you to discover new songs and artist. We sincerely recommend it.
You can also:
○ Save and listen again (30 sec previews)
○ Launch a music station with Pandora
○ Get recommended tracks based on the music you like
○ See streaming lyrics in time to the music
○ Buy tracks easily on Amazon MP3
○ View extra content as you watch TV
○ Watch music videos & concerts from YouTube
○ Listen to your tagged music in Spotify
○ Share on Facebook & Twitter
○ Discover new music in Shazam Friends & Charts
○ See when an artist is touring
○ Use it when you don’t have a signal
○ When you see the Shazam prompt on TV, tag for extra content
○ Tag from your home screen with the Shazam Widget
○ Remember where you tagged a track with Location
“This is the best thing EVER!” Hoda Kotb of NBC’s Today Show
Upgrade to Shazam Encore for no banner ads and exclusive features like recommendations.
* Previews available: US,UK,DE, FR, CH, AT
* Lyrics and LyricPlay available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ.
* Spotify available:UK, US, FR, ES, NL, SE, NO, FI.
* Shazam supports devices with cellular connection
Tags: ID song, search music, recognize song, song identification, what’s that song, track lyrics, tag radio, tag tv, tag television, TV Ad, Android Beam
Recently changed in this version:
Now you will have the option for your tags to appear on your Google+ profile. Share them with your Google+ circles.
Last activity on Shazam Encore
Lists with: Shazam Encore
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Shazam Encore
I use this app more than any other. I am a music lover and I learn the song and artist of songs on the radio. TV shows and even commercials.
Never recognize new or old songs even if popular. And afted tagging app and closing it. Needs to start back at home screen to quickly tag songs instead of the recently tagged. Or implement a quick tagging button for tagging from anywhere in app. Please
It works great but is ugly as hell and stuck in a gingerbreadish theme. Get with the times!
This app is great! I use it all the time. It would be nice if we could select multiple tags at once to delete so we don't have to delete one at a time. Also it would be nice if once you click on a tag and go back to the tags, that it saves your place so
As a long time Shazzam user I am disappointed to say I'm going to have to check out the competition. Shazzam now frequently gets the track wrong - this never used to happen when Shazzam took a longer sample of music when trying to identify the track. Ca