50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use (one button to catch)
- Cool Screen widget
- Integration with other platforms
- Search accuracy
- Public-based database (you could find mistakes or not find the song)
+ By Shazam Entertainment Limited
It couldn’t be easier to use: just tap on the central button of the app and hold your phone up to identify the track. It will display track information such as the album, title, artist, videos, lyrics, and more. Not all this info is available for all tracks; Shazam’s database is public-based and availability depends on users' willingness to upload. This is perhaps the main flaw, but nonetheless, the amount of info available on thousands of songs is just incredible.
Once Shazam identifies the song you can buy the track on Amazon. What's more, you can tag songs without data coverage. You can also check out your friends’ tagged music and add tracks straight to your own Tag List. Sharing tags with friends is simple because it's integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Shazam’s screen widget allows you to tag easily from your phone desktop. And you can keep yourself up-to-date too; Shazam has info about tour dates for your tagged artists and you can even buy concerts tickets right from the app.
This is the free version that includes unlimited tagging until Jan 1st 2012. Then it will be limited to a specific amount of tags per month (it used to be 5-7). If you like the app you can upgrade to Shazam Encore (£2.99), that includes unlimited tagging and exclusive features such as integration with Spotify and Pandora Radio.
Shazam was developed by Shazam Entertainment Limited. This is the only app they've launched on the market but it’s been a great success on most mobile platforms.
Shazam is one of those apps that you won't probably use everyday. However, you’ll really appreciate having it installed in your phone when it helps you to discover new songs and artists. We strongly recommend you give it a try.
You can also:
○ Save and listen again (30 sec previews)
○ See streaming lyrics in time to the music
○ Buy tracks easily on Amazon MP3
○ View extra content as you watch TV
○ Watch music videos & concerts from YouTube
○ Listen to your tagged music in Spotify
○ Share on Facebook & Twitter
○ Discover new music in Shazam Friends & Charts
○ See when an artist is touring
○ Use it when you don’t have a signal
○ When you see the Shazam prompt on TV, tag for extra content
○ Tag from your home screen with the Shazam Widget
○ Remember where you tagged a track with Location
“This is the best thing EVER!” Hoda Kotb of NBC’s Today Show
Upgrade to Shazam Encore for no banner ads and exclusive features like recommendations.
* Previews available: US,UK,DE, FR, CH, AT
* Lyrics and LyricPlay available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ.
* Spotify available:UK, US, FR, ES, NL, SE, NO, FI.
* Shazam supports devices with cellular connection
Tags: ID song, search music, recognize song, song identification, what’s that song, track lyrics, tag radio, tag tv, tag television, TV Ad, Android Beam
MIPS devices are not supported
Recently changed in this version:
Now you will have the option for your tags to appear on your Google+ profile. Share them with your Google+ circles.
Last activity on Shazam
Lists with: Shazam
Some lists where this application appears: Music for Android, swag kid, tamtam, free, my faverate apps, My apps, downloads, Good Stuff, my apps, What my Desire really desires ;-), Pita's stuff, Rodrigo Elizeu, Apps for Gerry, Lempisovellukset, nelaaro, BatVan's Droid Apps, Plan to install, Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund, jenns, Other, M&S: Media & Social, Nexus S.
Comments and ratings for Shazam
Best music recognition app. Works nicely, used Shazam on WM and happily continue using it.
Great app, very accurate. I would have given it 5 stars if it displayed the year from which the song was published. Otherwise excellent!
Nice and fast
want new options more