100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use (one button to catch)
- Cool Screen widget
- Integration with other platforms
- Search accuracy
- Public-based database (you could find mistakes or not find the song)
+ By Shazam Entertainment Limited
Shazam is a song identifier, the easiest way to discover more about music
It couldn’t be easier to use: just tap on the central button of the app and hold your phone up to identify the track. It will display track information such as the album, title, artist, videos, lyrics, and more. Not all this info is available for all tracks; Shazam’s database is public-based and availability depends on users' willingness to upload. This is perhaps the main flaw, but nonetheless, the amount of info available on thousands of songs is just incredible.
Once Shazam identifies the song you can buy the track on Amazon. What's more, you can tag songs without data coverage. You can also check out your friends’ tagged music and add tracks straight to your own Tag List. Sharing tags with friends is simple because it's integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Shazam’s screen widget allows you to tag easily from your phone desktop. And you can keep yourself up-to-date too; Shazam has info about tour dates for your tagged artists and you can even buy concerts tickets right from the app.
This is the free version that includes unlimited tagging until Jan 1st 2012. Then it will be limited to a specific amount of tags per month (it used to be 5-7). If you like the app you can upgrade to Shazam Encore (£2.99), that includes unlimited tagging and exclusive features such as integration with Spotify and Pandora Radio.
Shazam was developed by Shazam Entertainment Limited. This is the only app they've launched on the market but it’s been a great success on most mobile platforms.
Shazam is one of those apps that you won't probably use everyday. However, you’ll really appreciate having it installed in your phone when it helps you to discover new songs and artists. We strongly recommend you give it a try.
Once you’ve Shazamed something, you can:
○ Buy tracks on Amazon MP3 or Google Play
○ Available for all Android tablets
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ See what your friends have Shazamed
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Listen to the music you Shazam in Rdio or Spotify
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
You can also
○ Preview and save your favourites
○ Share what you Shazam on Twitter, Facebook & Google+
○ Shazam even when you don’t have any coverage; Shazam will match when you have a connection and get back to you with the result
○ Shazam from your phone’s home screen with the Shazam Widget
Upgrade to Shazam Encore for the Shazam experience without the banner ads.
* Previews available: US, UK, DE, FR, CH, AT
* Lyrics and LyricPlay available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ.
* Spotify available: AR, AT, AU, BE, BG, BO, BR, CH ,CL, CO, CR, CY, CZ, DE, DK, DR, EC, EE, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, GT, HK, HN, HU, IE, IS, IT, LI, LU, LV, MT, MX, MY, NL, NO, NZ, PA, PE, PL, PT, PY, RO, SE, SG, SK, SL, TH, TR, TW, US, UY.
* Shazam supports devices with cellular connection
MIPS devices are not supported
Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/entries/29632198
If you’re in our test group, you’re going to get a sneak peek of the new Shazam experience. And if not, stay tuned, you’ll see it very soon!
Minor bug fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: Music for Android, swag kid, tamtam, free, my faverate apps, My apps, downloads, Good Stuff, my apps, What my Desire really desires ;-), Pita's stuff, Rodrigo Elizeu, Apps for Gerry, Lempisovellukset, nelaaro, BatVan's Droid Apps, Plan to install, Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund, jenns, Other, M&S: Media & Social, Nexus S, Audio Video, Other music apps, Reviewed by Anna Grace.
This is awesome!
Anytime i want to find music i can just turn this on and of a click of a button it searches but the bad thing is that the song might end quickly and the shazam button will carry on going.
The old version works perfectly for me, and I have been very careful to not update it because my brother has all sorts of problem with his Shazam (and I like the black layout much better than white). 3 stars because of what Shazam has become: another app
Doesn't honor requests to opt out of their email subscriptions, had to setup a killfile to block their emails