smart Chords & tools (guitar..
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Lots of features
- Lots of guitars
- Quiet pan pipe
- Separate flash light
+ By Schüle Martin
Smart chords & tools has loads of tools for all types of guitar players - from banjo to ukulele.
This app has it all - chord chart, tuner, scales, metronome, tone generator, and the list goes on. This is a great set of tools for any guitar player. There's not much wrong with it, except perhaps the pitch pipe tuner is a little quiet.
What makes this app great is that it can do what you might otherwise need many apps to do. As well as that, they all work for many different types of guitar, such as electric, acoustic, bass, banjo, ukulele and several more.
The pan pipe tuner is somewhat quiet for some reason, even with phone volume turned all the way up. It also has a flashlight which must be downloaded separately due to needing an extra permission, which i'm sure could have been added to the main app.
smartChord provides you also a reverse chord finder, scales, arpeggios, a chromatic tuner, metronome, pitch pipe, ear training quiz, transposing slide ruler, playground, tone generator, timer, flashlight and as a new feature: Circle of Fifth:-)
It's worth a try and useful for every musician! Promised!!!
Ultimate chord reference:
* Dictionary with > 220 types of chords
* Expansion each chord to a 'slash chord'
* Support of guitar, bass, banjo, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, mandocello, mandolin and ukulele with specific settings for each of them
* Choice between more than 200 predefined tunings (e.g. DADGAD or mandola)
* Define an individual custom tuning for each instrument
* Calculate all the possibilities for playing a chord and the fingering
* Supports a capo
* Supports instruments with shortened strings (e.g. 5 string Banjo)
* Browser/explorer for comfortable navigation
* Modes for different playing strength (basic, advanced, expert)
* Individual adjustment for almost everything. For example: Showing (no/just) barré-chords, number of the frets and finger, if base tone is obligatory, ...
* Viewer for the grips:
- In detail, in the gallery or all the fingerings in the overview
- Limited to a range of the fretboard
- Notes of the chord or of the whole fretboard
- For right- or left-handed users (lefties)
* For the overview:
- Clear charts and diagrams
- Define your favourites
- Filter and search the chords
- Sort the fingerings according to best sound, level of difficulty, placement on the fretboard, number of the required fingers
* audio playback of every chord and every fingering. The sound can be chosen. E.g. classic-, acoustic-, electric-guitar, ...
Reverse chord finder
Finds out, if a chosen grip corresponds with a certain chord.
Define if you allow slash chords, inverted chords or incomplete chords
It shows how the notes of a chords are spread on the fretboard.
Precise tuning with the chromatic tuner:
Analyses the tone and visualisation in different ways. Showing of
- the recognized note and octave,
- the frequency of the played note, as well as the target frequency,
- a scale with colours, showing to what extent the right tone is stroked,
By option, vibration of the smartphone if the pitch is met.
Scales for your improvisation
* Display of different scales (e.g. Major, Dorian, Pentatonic, Chromatic) for every keynote
* Shows the musical notation with formula
* Plays the scales
* Play the scales yourself on the fretboard
Metronome for the perfection of the timing:
* Speed trainer
* Precise up to 300 bpm
* Optically, acoustically, vibration
* Choice between 60 different MIDI sounds
Training of the musical ear:
* Learn how to distinguish between all notes of the scale and arbitrary chords
* Decision which notes or chords one wants to train
* Check the recognition rate in the aural training by a statistic
* A wide range of instruments to play the notes (about 80 instruments)
* Choice in which octave the note shall be played in the game
A 'playground' (not really a virtual instrument) to play, hear and compare different chords and fingerings.
Transposing slide ruler to transpose music from one key to another
Pitch pipe for tuning the instrument. This is also a very good aural training
Audio signal generator:
Exact with the frequency range from 0.01 Hz to 19,999.99 kHz. For:
* Tuning the instrument, generating exact references tones with the synthesizer
* Testing of the hearing, the bandwidth of headphones and speakers or other audio or studios equipement
Flashlight for the next campfire
Timer to control the practising time
* New: Screen-specific-tips for hidden or not obvious features and FAQs
* See the tips also on the 'info' screen
* The tips are now also part on each help screen
- Tuner workaround for the bug in Android 5.x.x
- Circle of Fifth
* Option for simplified note names (means F instead of E#)
* Correct ordering of the signs
Love it a lot...
It contains a lot more than I expected, this truly helps a lot such a great app! I love it!
I have tried many guitar tool apps and this is the best and most complete app I have found. Works well all of my devices. Has mostly all of the reference tools I need in a very to use package. Great job! Thanks