5 - 10 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Ignacio Pecino
Create an audio guide to a popular place, a located music composition/playlist, audio games, located poetry, or simply send geolocated audio messages to your friends.
Upload your audio files to your server or favourite hosting service (Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc), go to the desired location and start placing sounds around using the SonicMaps Editor mobile application. Then, you can easily publish and share your project with other users who will be able to experience your composition as they walk on the selected location.
Using the 3D audio engine option, sounds can be fixed to real world positions, so they are consistently perceived into space while rotating your device (panning) and levels are attenuated according to distance (intensity).
SonicMaps uses "on-site" editing, avoiding common inaccuracy problems in similar web-based services due to high buildings, maps displacements, etc.
✓ 3D Audio Engine
✓ "On-Site" editing using your iPhone/iPad
✓ Easy project publishing and sharing
✓ GPS tracking . Sounds are activated as you walk
✓ "Wi-Fi Preload / Progressive 3G" download options
Your device must have an ARMv7 processor in order to run this application. Please install the FREE "SonicMaps Player" version before you buy this editor and check compatibility.
* Requires an internet connection to download sounds and projects (Wifi or 3G)
* Audio files links must point to the actual file name which should be in the mp3 format (e.g. http://sonicmaps.org/sample.mp3). Short or encoded links are currently not supported.
Recently changed in this version:
1. WiFi Preload Mode now checks if audio file already exists to avoid unnecessary downloads (cache)
2. Sound Areas can now be moved around (long press+drag)
3. Lock Project Option (Player Mode)
4. New yellow area color while loading sound (green when ready, gray when empty)
5. Hybrid map mode replaced by Satellite map mode
6. Minor bug fixes and improved stability