50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Amazing results
- Free with ads
- Lots of info provided
- Didn't find any. Did you?
SoundHound recognizes the song that’s playing or the song you're humming.
This is not the first application that attempts to recognize songs that are playing. But it’s the first to get it right- and fast. A few seconds are enough to give you the all the information you need: album, lyrics, artist, etc. etc…
We tested it with a song by a well-known Finnish group, moving the phone closer to the speaker. Four seconds later we had the song's name, group, album, year and lyrics. Then we decided to increase the difficulty, humming a song to the phone instead. We chose "When the saints go marchin' in". Admittedly, we had to try it twice because everybody was laughing, but in the end SoundHound decided that it was Louis Armstrong that was being (badly) hum-um-um-ed.
You can also check a title or band name by making voice searches and read biographies. If you want, your location can be saved along with your request, so you can remember exactly where you heard this or that song. Finally, you can redefine the controls to start recording by pressing a hardware button instead of tapping the screen.
This free version has some ads but unlimited use and the results have been very satisfactory. It’s become an instant must-have.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
Other Amazing Features:
◦ Blazing fast music recognition
◦ The world's only singing and humming recognition
◦ LiveLyrics: see lyrics move in time with the music
◦ SoundHound Headlines: brings you free song streams, new artists, and more
◦ Beautifully optimized for tablets
◦ Real-time Facebook and Twitter updates from your favorite artists
◦ Facebook and Twitter sharing, listen-on-startup, and geotagging
◦ Buy links, YouTube videos, artist biographies, and much more
✧ Thank you to our 175 million+ fans and loyal users for making SoundHound a must-have App! ✧
★ Reviews and Honors for SoundHound ★
◦ Top 10 Must-Have Android Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
◦ Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
◦ Your top 10 Android Apps - "I love this app... unique in its class." - Jessica Dolcourt, CNET
◦ The Best Android Apps - "There's no limit." - John Herrman, Gizmodo
◦ "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
◦ "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue of the NY Times
Note: Location is used to store where songs were discovered. It can be disabled from the Options menu.
Explanation of requested permissions:
Used to record audio for both music and voice search.
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS
Used to ensure optimal audio recording settings.
FINE (GPS) LOCATION
COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
Used to enhance search results and remember where a search took place, which is displayed through History. This can be disabled in app settings.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Used to communicate with servers for search results and other content.
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Used to mute SoundHound audio when receiving phone calls.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Used to cache data.
Used to notify when search results are ready.
VIEW WI-FI STATE
Used to allow usage through WI-FI.
VIEW NETWORK STATE
Used to detect when internet access is available.
READ GOOGLE SERVICES
Used for displaying searches on a map
Tags: Sound Hound Music Sing Song ID Tag
What’s new in 5.9.0:
• By popular demand, now you can save music to your pending searches. Tap Save under "More Options" on the music not identified page.
• Fixed a few pesky bugs
Great to find music
Love love love this! Great way to find new music and those old songs you forgot you loved!
I totally love this app
Soundhound has to be one of the greatest ideas ever
Best music recognizing app ever! Even japanese and uncommon music