SoundWire (free version)
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
- A wireless extension of your PC-based music or home theatre system
- A remote speaker or wireless headphones
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
This is not just another file streaming app... you can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the live sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too... SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Hook up turntables to your computer's line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house over WiFi, or anywhere else over 3G/4G.
- Live audio capture and streaming
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- True low latency (unlike AirPlay, Airfoil)
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- Stream music from PC to PC running x86 virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Save everything you hear to a file (MP3 or WAV)
Before using SoundWire on your Android device you must install and run the SoundWire Server application on the Windows/Linux PC or laptop which is your source of music, web audio streaming, or other sounds.
Download the server at http://georgielabs.net
For more information see the getting started guide at http://georgielabs.net/SoundWireHelp.html
If you have any problems please see the troubleshooting tips at the above link. For example if you get choppy audio try restarting your wireless router, then try the other troubleshooting suggestions in the guide.
The free version of the application identifies itself by voice every 45 minutes and displays ads. There is a 10 minute compression trial in the free version. The full version enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle multiple clients (up to 10 connections), and has no ads or voice identification. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds. Please consider purchasing the full version of SoundWire if you'd like to support the developer.
You may want to use a remote control app together with SoundWire. Some good choices include: Grooveshark Remote, Spotimote (Spotify remote), Remote for iTunes, Android VNC, Unified Remote.
Please rate the app and comment on Google Play to let us know what you think of SoundWire. If you have a question or bug report send email to email@example.com. If reporting a problem please give your phone's Android version and make/model. Check the server download page http://georgielabs.net occasionally for updates.
- Network communication: Communicates with the server program on your PC.
- Phone calls: Mutes audio when you receive or make a call. Without this permission music would continue to play, interfering with your call.
- Prevent phone from sleeping: Keeps app running while connected (playing music) or attempting to connect. May be disabled in settings.
Tags: georgielabscjbnet, soundwire, soundwire apk, soundwire app, soundwire server pro, soundwireapk, soundwire server, soundwire как настроить, soundwire lag, soundwire pc.
*** New! SoundWire Server available for Raspberry Pi, see http://georgielabs.net
-Made "requested buffer size not allowed" message appear in free version & when pro mode is off (some Android devices do not allow very short buffers)
-Fixed dialog display problem when invalid numeric preference entered
-Fixed startup crash on Android 1.5 & 1.6
-Added GUI accessibility labels