100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Friendly UI
- Emotional profile
- Tag songs to enhance the app
- It should be more open (playlist made by users)
+ By Stereomood Android
How do you feel? Sad, nostalgic, happy? Or, what are you doing? Studying, reading, working? Music and feelings go hand in hand. We listen to music depending on our mood or our activity. Making playlists of songs that share a mood was the powerful idea behind this app. After reaching great success in its web version, they finally launched its official Android app. Music that fits your mood... on-the-go.
Start using the app is as easier as choosing a mood from its stereotags (wordcloud). Well, you have to sign up first via Facebook Connect or creating a stereomood account. You can also choose your mood from "I feel like" list. There are over 100 mood playlists you can listen to and share on Facebook or Twitter. You can even download them for free.
From settings you can choose filter for stereotags (popular, users favorites, my mood or random. Likewise you can tag the songs by mood which will help developers to build the mood based playlists. As you use the app, more moods will be added to your account which will make up your emotional profile.
The app is set in a friendly intuitive UI. Mobile native layout.
Music genres are dead: what rules in music is how we feel when listening to it. Great app.
Hundreds mood-based playlists that pool the best independent music from top music blogs and artist submission. Each playlist is generated from tags and users’ preferences and changes every day.
Discover more info about the artist (tablet only) and see the source of the track by tapping the info button or the album cover.
Tag each song by mood, helping to build the coolest community of emotional-based music.
Love your favorite tracks and share them with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
If you really love a track, you can buy it on Amazon.
Demo video here:
Android mobile - http://youtu.be/zB997uKGrkg
Android tablet - http://youtu.be/2_1wIFb24Go
• register and listen for free
• listen to over 100 mood playlists
• share your mood and music with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
• tag the songs by mood, helping us to build the mood based playlists
• discover new artists through your mood
• discover your emotional profile of the week by clicking on "my mood" filter
• send us your photo, we'll bring your photo to life, every week
• if you find ads annoying buy us a coffee and get rid of them
• artist bio (tablet only)
• Forbes: "If Pandora stands as the reigning brain of internet radio, new competitor Stereomood may be its heart"
• Mashable: "Find music that suits your mood"
• Telegraph: "Stereomood aims to play you songs that match how you feel"
• The Huffington Post: "Perfect for the lazy as well as the busy and a great way to expose your ears to some new artists"
• Lifehacker: "Services abound for finding music by genre or musical-relation, but what if the parameter you want is your mood?"
• Urbandaddy: “We'd like to introduce you to your own personal music director.”
• The Atlantic : “Stereomood's mood-based taxonomy and open tagging model remains an interesting, social alternative to thinking about music recommendations on the web”
Recently changed in this version:
★ Android tablet optimization
★ Bug fixes
★ Design changes
Last activity on Stereomood
Lists with: Stereomood
Comments and ratings for Stereomood
Basically a mobile form of the website... awesome app!
It is a great application. I don't really like the list with the moods, though.
Lovely app and site.
An extremely creative way to experience music, incrediblebly diverse genres taking you from mainstream pop to underground dub, and everything beyond and between.
When I click login it comes up with a loading circle that never completes. Stink ay!