100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Friendly UI
- Emotional profile
- Tag songs to enhance the app
- It should be more open (playlist made by users)
Stereomood is an original music service that provides playlists based on feelings
How do you feel? Sad, nostalgic, happy? Or, what are you doing? Studying, reading, working? Music and feelings go hand in hand. We listen to music depending on our mood or our activity. Making playlists of songs that share a mood was the powerful idea behind this app. After reaching great success in its web version, they finally launched its official Android app. Music that fits your mood... on-the-go.
Start using the app is as easier as choosing a mood from its stereotags (wordcloud). Well, you have to sign up first via Facebook Connect or creating a stereomood account. You can also choose your mood from "I feel like" list. There are over 100 mood playlists you can listen to and share on Facebook or Twitter. You can even download them for free.
From settings you can choose filter for stereotags (popular, users favorites, my mood or random. Likewise you can tag the songs by mood which will help developers to build the mood based playlists. As you use the app, more moods will be added to your account which will make up your emotional profile.
The app is set in a friendly intuitive UI. Mobile native layout.
Music genres are dead: what rules in music is how we feel when listening to it. Great app.
Hundreds mood-based playlists that pool the best independent music from top music blogs and artist submission. Each playlist is generated from tags and users’ preferences and changes every day.
Discover more info about the artist (tablet only) and see the source of the track by tapping the info button or the album cover.
Tag each song by mood, helping to build the coolest community of emotional-based music.
Love your favorite tracks and share them with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
If you really love a track, you can buy it on Amazon.
Demo video here:
Android mobile - http://youtu.be/zB997uKGrkg
Android tablet - http://youtu.be/2_1wIFb24Go
✓ register and listen for free
✓ listen to over 100 mood playlists
✓ share your mood and music with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
✓ tag the songs by mood, helping us to build the mood based playlists
✓ discover new artists through your mood
✓ discover your emotional profile of the week by clicking on "my mood" filter
✓ send us your photo, we'll bring your photo to life, every week
✓ if you find ads annoying buy us a coffee and get rid of them
✓ artist bio (tablet only)
TechCrunch: “Stereomood is an alternative, serendipitous method of discovering fresh sounds from the top 150 music blogs from across the web, the perfect accompanying soundtrack, or whatever your activity or mood may be.”
Lifehacker “I'm a fan of Stereomood, because sometimes it's nice to just pick how you're feeling and have it queue up a nice long playlist.”
Forbes “Stereomood is the mood ring of Internet music applications. Not only do you get songs to match what you feel, but you get to discover new music in the process.”
PcMag “In terms of audio, Stereomood gets the job done. All but the most hardened audiophiles will enjoy crisp audio that it delivers; the highs and lows sounded good”
Gizmodo “True to Stereomood’s philosophy of mood over genre, there were artists that didn’t line up on the punk axis, but totally fit the vibe of the playlist”
★ Android tablet optimization
★ Bug fixes
★ Design changes
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - Sell digital goods through in-app purchase.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- DeletedApplication deleted from the Android Market 4d ago.
- UpdatedNew version 1.3 released on 11/11/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 02/04/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 09/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.3 released on 07/13/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2 released on 07/12/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 07/07/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000 downloads level reached on 06/27/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 06/23/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500 downloads level reached on 06/22/12.
- NewFirst appearance on 06/21/12.
Displaying 4 of 11 - show all
So far it's an ok app but it needs to be fixed. It is unstable and keeps crashing. I can't wait for it work properly
I love the web version. I believe the app could continue improving
Despite some glitches and tech flaws, which honestly every app is subject to, this is probably my favourite piece of software in my phone. it's made so many moments amazing, and filled gathering after gathering with good times. The new music found through it is always a blessing too. Definitely try it out, and try to love even all it's errors.
Kindly please fixed it.
Needs a widget, but so far so good
I swear this app gets worse with every update. Can you please bring back screen rotation? It worked better around this time last year.