BaconReader for Reddit
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Intuitive UI
- Sorting options: What's hot, new, rising, top... by date
- Should be optimized for small-screen devices
+ By OneLouder Apps
BaconReader is the most popular Reddit reader
This is a must-have for Reddit junkies. It provides a very comfy layout that makes Reddit so easy to use. BaconReader UI has been optimized for both tablets and smartphones to give instant access to sub-reddits, pics, comments and everything that make Reddit the kitchen of the viral Internet.
No matter if you are an experienced redditor or if you are just now discovering Reddit. You'll get the hang of it quickly thanks to the way it is organized and the complete tutorial it comes with.
BaconReader's home is made up by two scrollable frames: one of them display the subreddits of the selected reddit, and the other display the specific subreddit content, including comments, images and sharing options.
There's no need to sign up for accessing Reddits and subreddits. However, you won't be able to comment, check inbox and post unless you do it.
BaconReader is an intuitive and full-featured BaconReader. What you were looking for.
***2013 Webby Award Nominee***
"Top 25 Best Free Android Apps" - Mashable
“This is the absolute best looking Reddit app around.” –Android Police
“BaconReader Is A Great New Reddit App For Android” –Addictive Tips
BaconReader is tailored to the most experienced redditors and the newest redditors alike, making reddit so simple to use with instant access to news and post links, pics, comments, and everything else reddit.
With features like subreddit grouping, keyword and domain filtering, and immediate picture uploading, you’ve got all things reddit in one easy and delicious place: BaconReader.
Follow us at r/BaconReader for the latest and upcoming BaconReader updates and features.
* Jelly Bean compatibility with expandable notifications and other Jelly Bean features
* Complete tutorial guide to reddit, for new and experienced redditors
* FULL Screen mode
* Tablet optimized design
* Sharp, ICS inspired design, with easier reddit navigation and more sorting options
* Full user profile support
* Color coded comment threads
* Full featured reddit inbox
* Rageface and look of disapproval support
* Easy access to subreddits using the subreddit sidebar with long-press
* Search for new subreddits based on name or keyword and subscribe to them
* Please let us help you with BaconReader or reddit bugs or problems by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in 4.0.1:
- OAUTH login! MUST LOG BACK IN!
- Give reddit gold creddits to posts & comments
- Purchase reddit gold creddits
- New gilded sort option
- No ads for reddit gold users
- My Random for reddit gold users
- New internal account manager (fixes disappearing accounts)
- .gifv support - open in external browser
- Improved image caching
- Improved memory management
- Fixed crash on inbox, manage, post screens
- Fixed sub-sorts for Top & Controversial
- Several bug fixes!
There have been a few bugs that bother me. It constantly reloads to random posts and sometimes it won't even load at all. I emailed support back and forth and it ended with him saying he'd forward the problem to someone else and I never heard anything else about it. Other than that this is the only reddit app worth downloading.
Could be worse
Tried along side reedit now, found rn better.
Updates later and it is still unstable. It crashes more frequently than ever.
Should be the official Reddit app. Work flawlessly for me on S5. Only downside is that I now spend too much time on Reddit!
After the newest update I can no sort comments properly. If I sort by new then reload the Page it doesn't display new comments it shows a jumble of "best".